MARANTZ SR 8001 125Wx7 Reference Receiver (SOLD)

jb5200

MARANTZ SR 8001 125Wx7 Reference Receiver (SOLD)
« on: 7 Mar 2016, 02:00 am »
This receiver is one of the last reference receivers Marantz made, now they save their reference products for their pre-pro's. The sound of this receiver is amazing, period! I had an AV8801 and downsized to a Denon X4100 and was not happy so I put that up for sale and in the mean time I put the SR8001 in and was absolutely floored by the difference in sound - not even in the same league!

Everything about this receiver is reference level - gold plated in/outs, copper chassis (just like the AV8801), Toroidal Transformer, copper screws - pretty much on the same level as the AV8801. In fact, I bought another AV8801 and switched it back in and was blown away how similar the sound was, it was pretty much the same.

The condition is absolutely excellent with only a couple scratches on the back where the HDMI was plugged in and a couple marks on the top near the front that were filled in with a black sharpie so very hard to pick out in the pics but other than that not a mark on it. The only other thing is the HDMI board is starting to get a little buggy - you have to turn off then on to get a handshake every once in awhile. Again, this was in my garage (always covered when not in use) system and I used the analogs so it never really bothered me.

In addition it comes with an Ipod doc and a Bluetooth receiver (never used) and I have all manuals, Audyssey Mic, Power Cord, Remote, etc. The only thing I don't have is the original box but I have a Yamaha box that it fits in perfectly.

Specs:
http://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_14...07-part-1.html

MARANTZ SR8001 - $300 shipped in US w/paypal

« Last Edit: 2 Apr 2016, 05:39 pm by jb5200 »