Thump when powering off with 12v trigger

techguy0192

Thump when powering off with 12v trigger
« on: 29 Feb 2016, 12:19 am »
I have a BP26 and a 3B SST2.  I setup the 12v trigger for the first time tonight.  My speakers are around 85db sensitivity.  There has always been a slight amount of audible DC power discharge when powering off the amp (Zzzip), and understand that is normal.  I setup the trigger using both the "Main Output" and the output 1 trigger that the preamp uses, both produced more or less the same amount of shutdown thump.

Everything works fine at power up.  However, at power down, it sounds like the amp was shut down in the incorrect sequence.  Is a more audible shutdown normal when powering off via the trigger?  I don't want to damage or shorten the life of my speakers. 

Thanks!

Wim J

Re: Thump when powering off with 12v trigger
« Reply #1 on: 29 Feb 2016, 09:54 am »
I have a BP26 and a 3B SST2.  I setup the 12v trigger for the first time tonight.  My speakers are around 85db sensitivity.  There has always been a slight amount of audible DC power discharge when powering off the amp (Zzzip), and understand that is normal.  I setup the trigger using both the "Main Output" and the output 1 trigger that the preamp uses, both produced more or less the same amount of shutdown thump.

Everything works fine at power up.  However, at power down, it sounds like the amp was shut down in the incorrect sequence.  Is a more audible shutdown normal when powering off via the trigger?  I don't want to damage or shorten the life of my speakers. 

Thanks!

I have the exact same configuration BP26 and 3BSSTĀ² and have been using the triggers since the beginning. I have never noticed any 'thump' or any other DC-discharging issues.

techguy0192

Re: Thump when powering off with 12v trigger
« Reply #2 on: 29 Feb 2016, 10:30 pm »
From what I have read and from contacting Bryston support, shortly after I got my 3B, a power on/off Zzzip sound and or audible DC discharging is very common.  I would thing that using the trigger feature should not create more noise. :scratch: