« on: 26 Feb 2016, 03:20 am »
Hi,
any comment?

Sam

Folsom

Re: anybody use Alan Maher technical ground
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2016, 04:03 am »
Mystery box... sounds like an Entreq.

These things get debated a lot, because they obviously aren't providing a ground path for anything coming from the wall. What do they do? Hm it's mostly speculation at this point.

gagamut

« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2016, 05:30 am »
did you use??

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2016, 07:56 am »
Not personally. I do believe many Entreq uses are happy. I suspect if this box does the same thing then it will bring some happiness.

I'm just informing you of the potential flow of posts that may come about, because everyone that would know, knows this box cannot suck anything away from the ground it is connected to. It would mean that it was alien technology not bound by the laws of physics as we know them, if it did.

A comparison between it and an Entreq box would be great to read on.

gagamut

« Reply #4 on: 26 Feb 2016, 08:02 am »
thank for help

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #5 on: 26 Feb 2016, 06:29 pm »
If you have visitors that have knowledge about the writings of Gustav Kirchhoff, James Maxwell and Georg Ohm. Then don't let your visitors know that you have the box, they will break the spell and let the magic leak out.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #6 on: 26 Feb 2016, 09:19 pm »
  Just listen to one if there is a return policy. That simple. Your system , your ears, your money BRILLIANT!!!

charles

RPM123

« Reply #7 on: 5 Mar 2016, 07:14 pm »
Not personally. I do believe many Entreq uses are happy. I suspect if this box does the same thing then it will bring some happiness.

I'm just informing you of the potential flow of posts that may come about, because everyone that would know, knows this box cannot suck anything away from the ground it is connected to. It would mean that it was alien technology not bound by the laws of physics as we know them, if it did.

A comparison between it and an Entreq box would be great to read on.

Count me as a recent "happy" owner of an Entreq box. I tried a loaner and at first and I was was ready to send it back after several hours of use because I wasn't sure if it was doing anything. After contacting the store that loaned it to me, I was told to let it "settle in" for at least 24 hours, then disconnect it. I did just that and after I disconnected the cable, my system sounded more like hifi than the real thing. I then reconnected the cable and things started gradually improving and did so the longer the Entreq was connected. While the differences were quite noticeable after about 48 hours, it took about 3 days for the full potential of the Entreq to be realized. (Apparently, it took that long for noise in my system to be "drained" into the box.) My system has always had a persistent low level hum in one channel that was more obvious in phono mode and was always present to one degree or another, even as I purchased new equipment over the years. With the Entreq, the hum has been mostly attenuated to the point that I have to put my ear right up to the speaker to hear a VERY slight hum. My system has never been quieter and and the gain in dynamics and bass are quite dramatic. Vocals are clearer and on some cuts, where I might reach for the remote to reduce the volume a bit during loud passages, I no longer need to do that since the highs sound so much more relaxed. For me, it shows how noise in a system (that you may not even realize is present) can affect the overall sound quality and reducing that noise can allow its' full potential. To all of the naysayers, I say, try it before you start quoting your engineering background(s), white papers, theories, conspiracies, etc., on why it could not possibly be effective.  :wink:

gagamut

« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2016, 07:40 am »