Deadpool

stlrman

Deadpool
« on: 21 Feb 2016, 11:02 pm »
What a blast!! :thumb: loved it!! Great action, a different spin, and funny as sh$t  ! :D
Ryan is the man!

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
Re: Deadpool
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2016, 11:12 pm »
Saw it last night - on the whole a  :thumb: though I was worried at the beginning that they were trying a bit too hard with the machine gun joke delivery.  Sorta "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" approach. Not every line has to be a punch line.....but I could just be getting old and crusty......

EdRo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2016, 11:39 pm »
I've seen it twice now, and I loved it more the second time. Ryan Reynolds IS Deadpool. It's like the charactor was created specifically for him. It was really fun. But PLEASE, don't take children to see this. It definitely is an adult "superhero" movie. Spoiler alert...Stan Lee as a DJ in a strip club was a hoot.

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2016, 11:45 pm »
I enjoyed it but I thought a few things....

First healing factor much to slow, and the only reason it was done was for a joke that could've happened earlier. Next it was wrong that the girl still liked him. That's nothing like the comic and could ruin the character. He should be more fucked up. All of the early comics with him were good because he is a combination of being screwed up and tries to make it comedic. Here's the difference, he doesn't necessarily make you laugh because he's fairly demented. We needed more of the passive aggressive comedy with him. And he never stops talking. Also when he's upset he has a torture box room he goes in or puts people in.

He also wins fights with anyone you can think of by out smarting them in strange ways, often after getting torn to pieces first to inspire confidence.

The X-men rejected him, always have, because he's a demented for hire killer that is a big enough of a megalomaniac that he'll save the world because it sounds fun to be a hero.

They did this in the movie, essentially.

He seriously loved trying to out hero heroes.

« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2016, 03:00 am by Folsom »

Folsom

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2016, 11:45 pm »
I've seen it twice now, and I loved it more the second time. Ryan Reynolds IS Deadpool. It's like the charactor was created specifically for him. It was really fun. But PLEASE, don't take children to see this. It definitely is an adult "superhero" movie. Spoiler alert...Stan Lee as a DJ in a strip club was a hoot.

I thought Bob was better.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2016, 02:39 am »
I loved it!  Reynolds is absolutely perfect for the role.  I'm gonna have to watch it once more, too.

ajzepp

« Reply #6 on: 24 Feb 2016, 01:07 am »
I'm looking forward to seeing this one...my favorite movie podcast had three people that loved it and one that hated it...I mean REALLY hated it. Reviews look pretty solid, though

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #7 on: 2 Mar 2016, 05:42 pm »
Saw it last week and really enjoyed it.

I went in ready to turn off my brain,  sit back, and let the juvenile jokes wash over me.   :lol:

That approach was perfect!@

George

mcgsxr

« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2016, 02:25 am »
Caught this on a flight this week.  I really like Ryan and have for a long time.

This was my intro to the character and agree his style (from way back in 2 guys a girl and a pizza) is built for this kind of comedy.  See him in Waiting (batwing!) and you will know what I mean.

I felt some of the language was bad just to be bad.

I enjoyed the action a lot.

I will admit that the female lead caught my eye big time back in Homeland so glad to see her in more.

Good fun movie but way way not for kids. 

Woodsea

« Reply #9 on: 11 May 2016, 04:16 am »
Marvel Killed it...
Well the fanziprodurcactors did really.  This was better than all the other comic book movies.

Lots of space because Firefly was not a comic book nor the new Battlestar Galactica...I might want to mention Gotham is pretty grittly good. 

Phil A

« Reply #10 on: 11 May 2016, 01:32 pm »
My Blu-Ray is sitting there.  Definitely going to take it in over the next couple of days.

PeteG

« Reply #11 on: 11 May 2016, 02:41 pm »
Got the blu-ray too, hopefully this weekend I can check it out.