DiversiTech EVA Anti Vibration Pad

xsb7244

DiversiTech EVA Anti Vibration Pad
« on: 16 Feb 2016, 10:55 pm »
They do not come any cheaper than this.  Read the thread on Audio Asylum KUDOS to Geezerrocket!! Great Tweak!!

http://www.supplyhouse.com/DiversiTech-MP-2E-EVA-Anti-Vibration-Pad-2-x-2-x-7-8

xsb7244

Re: DiversiTech EVA Anti Vibration Pad
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2016, 11:01 pm »
On the SupplyHouse website, click on the 19 reviews.

trackball02

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2016, 02:16 am »
I have been using the same product from SupplyHouse for about a year. I use the 2 inch square blocks.

They are so cheap, I have put them under most of my stereo components, including the turntable. Fantastic value. :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2016, 02:48 am »
Thanks for the tip.  I have similar stuff I've order in the past but for the price I just ordered a box.  They are cheap enough.

srb

« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2016, 03:19 am »
Has anyone tried a flexible elastomeric spray paint with these?

With all of the care and investment in fine hardwood shelves, wood veneer, anodized and brushed or bead blasted aluminum, brass, etc. - these blue EVA sandwiches junk up the place a bit.

Steve

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2016, 03:46 am »

With all of the care and investment in fine hardwood shelves, wood veneer, anodized and brushed or bead blasted aluminum, brass, etc. - these blue EVA sandwiches junk up the place a bit.

Steve

I have similar looking black ones (never tried the type in this thread but just ordered some a bit earlier) some with cork in the middle and some without.  I generally either tape paper on the top and bottom or those little sticky felt pads.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2016, 12:24 pm »
Tried Panda Feet and the cork/neoprene pads to no effect, but my audio club loves those pads.

The concept behind the Panda Feet made sense to me - match compliance (squishiness) to the supported weight.  Seems like you should see some depression under load (like a tire).

Do these pads offer any noticeable compliance?

RootScript

« Reply #7 on: 18 Feb 2016, 07:28 pm »
Sorbothane hemispheres are very suitable for audio, reasonably priced, and its double properties are hard to beat.  Using this material for audio coupling/decoupling is a tip a respected friend passed on to me.  I would recommend this to you also

Quoting wikipedia for Properties: "The material combines some of the properties of rubber, silicone, and other elastic polymers. It is considered to be a good vibration damping material, an acoustic insulator, and highly durable. An unusually high amount of the energy from an object dropped onto Sorbothane is absorbed. The feel and damping qualities of Sorbothane have been likened to those of meat.

Sorbothane is a visco-elastic material, meaning that it exhibits properties of both liquids (viscous solutions) and solids (elastic materials), with a relaxation time of two seconds.[4] Because visco-elastic behavior is desirable in shock and vibration applications, many materials claim to be viscoelastic; however, many of these materials have only trace viscoelastic properties."

and for it's Uses: "Sorbothane has many industrial applications, from acoustic shielding to machine mounts. It has been used to quiet personal computers by being packed around the hard drive and other noisy spinning components. Sorbothane dampens vibration transmission from vibrating hardware. It has been used to isolate subwoofers from turntables. In addition, Sorbothane has been used by NASA to isolate vibration, in the Air Force Memorial, and to transport the Liberty Bell. It is currently used with insoles and heel pads to absorb impacts during sports activities such as football, cricket, and rugby, and it is an effective product to help alleviate the symptoms of plantar fasciitis and provide protection against lower limb injuries caused by repetitive motion during games. Because of its unique ability to dramatically diminish shock waves and maintain its shape under stress, Sorbothane has shown promise in the treatment of Lateral epicondylitis, also known as Tennis elbow and Medial epicondylitis or Golfer's elbow. It is also used in recoil pads of guns."

Use different size/number of domes based on the weight/distribution of your equipment. This is the correct material to use for the size & weight of our audio equipment.
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2016, 08:38 pm by RootScript »

Don_S

« Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2016, 07:52 pm »
They do not come any cheaper than this.  Read the thread on Audio Asylum KUDOS to Geezerrocket!! Great Tweak!!

http://www.supplyhouse.com/DiversiTech-MP-2E-EVA-Anti-Vibration-Pad-2-x-2-x-7-8

They appear to be a little more expensive on Amazon but some factors need to be considered. Prices change frequently on Amazon and the pads ship free with orders over $35 or Prime. I am frequently looking for something to get my Amazon order over $35.  And if you only want to try a set of 4, Amazon might be cheapest when factoring free shipping.  Just being cheerful and cheap.  :green:

http://www.amazon.com/DiversiTech-MP-2E-E-V-Anti-Vibration-Pad/dp/B008HQ2AF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1455824828&sr=8-2&keywords=eva+vibration

srb

« Reply #9 on: 18 Feb 2016, 08:02 pm »
As they're rated for maximum weight of 50psi, a set of four would be rated for a maximum weight of 800 lbs. 

Because they're designed for HVAC and heavier equipment in the hundreds of pounds range, I wouldn't think they were of the optimum (softer) compliance for much lighter weight audio components, although several reviews did say they worked well for their turntables.  :scratch:

Steve

Don_S

« Reply #10 on: 18 Feb 2016, 08:30 pm »
I have similar pads between my heat pump and fabricated concrete/foam pad.  The heat pump is a monster so yes, I agree the pads are designed for heavy loads and serious vibration.  I am surprised the fan on the heat pump does not achieve lift off.  :o

lacro

« Reply #11 on: 18 Feb 2016, 09:29 pm »
They appear to be a little more expensive on Amazon but some factors need to be considered. Prices change frequently on Amazon and the pads ship free with orders over $35 or Prime. I am frequently looking for something to get my Amazon order over $35.  And if you only want to try a set of 4, Amazon might be cheapest when factoring free shipping.  Just being cheerful and cheap.  :green:

http://www.amazon.com/DiversiTech-MP-2E-E-V-Anti-Vibration-Pad/dp/B008HQ2AF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1455824828&sr=8-2&keywords=eva+vibration

I too was always looking for something to get my order to $35 for the free freight from amazon. Several months ago Amazon had an offer of $70 for Prime, so I jumped on it. It turned out to be a good move. I just ordered 4 of the anti vibration pads using Prime with free 2 day shipping. I find myself buying everything I can from Amazon because of the shipping savings which I am sure will pay for the subscription over time. All these little parts orders that are less than $5 with $6.95 shipping or more from most suppliers is what drove me to finally try Prime.

Prime is definitely worth it to me. My wife has a Kindle, and with Prime there are some perks. We listen to Prime Music, and especially watch Prime videos. We have a Netflix acct. but having Prime doubles our viewing possibilities. We only have basic cable, so having streaming media is great - all for the annual Prime fee.

I bought a Fire TV stick on Black Friday for $25 which makes streaming much better than using my Sony BR player to stream. Also, I got a couple of the Fire tablets, $35 ea. on Black Friday (normally $50 and well worth it). The tablets are really great especially if you have a Prime account.

Anyway - thanks for the Amazon link. You just saved me shipping :thumb:

werd

« Reply #12 on: 18 Feb 2016, 09:31 pm »
I wouldn't use these unless you can feel something vibrating. They look like they would dampen to much for any sonic benefit. Suck out the vibe in the music would be my fear. Cheap enough though.

lacro

« Reply #13 on: 21 Feb 2016, 07:55 pm »

Steve

Steve,
I just received some, and don't care for the blue either. Solved that problem in a couple seconds with a big sharpie pen. Now they are all black. :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #14 on: 21 Feb 2016, 08:05 pm »
This feet linked above is too thin(7/8).
About 2005 I bought an EVA sheet of 40cmx40cmx2cm thickness in a rubber supply store and cut it in squares pieces and glued 2 layers being 40mm each piece.

lacro

« Reply #15 on: 21 Feb 2016, 08:11 pm »
This feet linked above is too thin(7/8).
About 2005 I bought an EVA sheet of 40cmx40cmx2cm thickness in a rubber supply store and cut it in squares pieces and glued 2 layers being 40mm each piece.

Glue 2 of them together = 44mm

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #16 on: 21 Feb 2016, 08:16 pm »
Glue 2 of them together = 44mm
Thanks. After a few years they become deformed due to the weight of the equipment, but the price is low.
So I changed to felt 10mm, another interesting material is cork.
Hard to find in blocks.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #17 on: 21 Feb 2016, 10:24 pm »
I'm presently using maple blocks as footers, which sound wonderful.  I'd be interested in trying these, for the price how could you go wrong.  Amazon is more than twice the price for the free prime shipping, I'd contemplate a spell to decide if it's worth it.  Hate the blue, yuk.  I wonder if there's another supplier.

GentleBender

« Reply #18 on: 21 Feb 2016, 10:43 pm »
Thanks. After a few years they become deformed due to the weight of the equipment, but the price is low.
So I changed to felt 10mm, another interesting material is cork.
Hard to find in blocks.
Not if the Internet is your friend! Google "Cork block" and see how many options there are. This Amazon listing is one of quite a few sites selling cork blocks.  :) http://www.amazon.com/Hugger-Mugger-Cork-Yoga-Block/dp/B000C9KZ18