My Review of the Spatial Hologram M4 is now posted

sebrof

Re: My Review of the Spatial Hologram M4 is now posted
« Reply #60 on: 22 Feb 2016, 06:18 pm »
Sorry double post

nicoch

« Reply #61 on: 22 Feb 2016, 07:08 pm »
I want note for novice that with coax , OB is only to 800hz ,losting all the best ie the voice ,with fr or 3way con be to 7000Hz , no free lunch ...I find that my suspect of no low bass is right ,is write in the review ,nice critics..... will be nice to know the real db at f3 45hz
btw as I write in the past the price is honest

sebrof why you have problem if we can find the true about this speakers/review....reread JLH about coax experience..thanks   

roscoe65

« Reply #62 on: 22 Feb 2016, 07:27 pm »
this is a clear example how a review con pilot an user without had hear the things !
I'm on side of user not seller ! I can see that review as spam probably...

You sir, are being offensive and insulting.  The reviewer is not a seller, but rather a user who has been frequent contributor to this and other forums.  He has been a gentlemen in his conversations on this forum and in his transactions with other members.  You, on the other hand, are confrontational and hostile and are offering nothing other than vitriol to an otherwise pleasant discussion.

nicoch

« Reply #63 on: 22 Feb 2016, 07:54 pm »
HI Roesco is review in is blog push user to buy this speakers like and advertising...he have some responsability here don't thinks ?! 

schw06

« Reply #64 on: 22 Feb 2016, 08:05 pm »
Nicoch,
   Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
David

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #65 on: 22 Feb 2016, 08:07 pm »
Nicoch,
   Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
David

+1

nicoch

« Reply #66 on: 22 Feb 2016, 08:17 pm »
+1....the HF driver is 44x series

sebrof

« Reply #67 on: 22 Feb 2016, 08:27 pm »
reread JLH about coax experience..thanks
Maybe JLH should read about Rebbi's coax experience ;)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #68 on: 22 Feb 2016, 08:34 pm »
Can nicoch's posts please be removed?

They add no value and greatly detract from the purpose of this thread.

George

nicoch

« Reply #69 on: 22 Feb 2016, 09:04 pm »
 :D
Maybe JLH should read about Rebbi's coax experience ;)

Manolo

• Consulting Structural Engineer
« Reply #70 on: 22 Feb 2016, 11:59 pm »
I agree with Zybar.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #71 on: 23 Feb 2016, 02:00 am »
Sorry to see this thread get so badly de-railed.

nicoch, I recommend limiting your post to more relevant points, using full sentences so your thoughts can be better understood, and hold off being so critical.

Who is JLH and JHL?  Am I supposed to be them?  I was just trying to relate what Rebbi heard to related designs I'm familiar with.
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2016, 02:31 pm by JLM »

Spatial Audio

• Industry Contributor
    • Spatial Audio Lab
« Reply #72 on: 23 Feb 2016, 02:05 am »
Clayton here. For all the negative vibes Nicoch is spraying out, his assertion is generally correct - but it does not apply to my designs. His complaint was that the little horn lens that are used in many coax drivers are not large enough to enable a low enough cutoff point to mate with a large woofer. He is correct. However, we don't use that type of coax driver.

Here is his wording: (The waveguides are always too small and this causes unrecoverable problems at the crossover Lynn with a horn loaded co-axial you would be correct that you would create some strange diffraction patterns. If the cone was used as the horn as Radian does then you could do something that conceivably would work but I don't see that done much.)

There are two categories of how the coax is horn lens is designed, which address different applications in the pro market. The type with the small lens is shown below next to the second type, like the Tannoy design, where the woofer cone serves as the waveguide. See images. The Tannoy type takes advantage of the large cone waveguide to provide the horn loading support down to the cone's diameter / wavelength where 15 in diameter = roughly 800Hz support and pattern control bandwidth. We employ this approach in the Hologram series models such as the M4. And we use the same approach in the Lumina 12Be speaker with the Radian designed X32 open-baffle coax driver.

Nicoch wrongly assumed that we use the other type with a small waveguide and hence questioned its efficacy.

Clayton Shaw
SPATIAL AUDIO
www.spatialaudio.us

Dsaldivar

« Reply #73 on: 23 Feb 2016, 03:01 am »
Nicoh,

Why is that you are twisting and taking out of context my post regarding Rebbi's review?

I mentioned that I was close to buying a set of M4's as a complement to Rebbi's excellent writing. His review of the Hologram's M4's is/was not a promotional brochure or a pitch sale. It was an enthusiastic experience for him having these speakers and sharing his experience with the Audio Circle community, which you seem not to be part of it.

Will it kill you to be nice and have a civilized behavior?

Dan

nicoch

« Reply #74 on: 23 Feb 2016, 08:21 am »
HI Clayton thanks for correction ,nice design ;) this are the radian in Lumina
con please tell the M4 f3  in room of course  ?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #75 on: 23 Feb 2016, 09:21 am »
Guys, this isn't my circle, but I shall inform the appropriate powers about this problem. In the meantime, not feeding the troll is the best way to go, okay? Try to bear in mind that Nicoch's native language is something other than English, so allow him a bit of room for misusing words and phrases.

Michael

mcgsxr

« Reply #76 on: 23 Feb 2016, 12:54 pm »
I posted a nicely (I think) worded warning earlier in this thread.

I don't like clipping posts, or closing threads.  But I will if this goes any further in the tone it has developed.  I feel there is good information here, so I would like to retain that for others to review and learn from.

It disappoints me, since it has a lot of good info in it, and some of the opposing opinions warrant discussion.

It comes down to tone.  Please be nice even if your opinion is dearly held, and not a common one.

I appreciate the manufacturer posting further information here to help folks understand the complexities of design and manufacture, and the inherent trade off decisions one must make.

It's a big fun world of audio, let's be sure to keep it that way around here where we all invest so much time and energy to sustain an excellent community.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #77 on: 23 Feb 2016, 01:20 pm »
 :thumb:

md92468

« Reply #78 on: 23 Feb 2016, 01:46 pm »
I posted a nicely (I think) worded warning earlier in this thread.

I don't like clipping posts, or closing threads.  But I will if this goes any further in the tone it has developed.  I feel there is good information here, so I would like to retain that for others to review and learn from.

It disappoints me, since it has a lot of good info in it, and some of the opposing opinions warrant discussion.

It comes down to tone.  Please be nice even if your opinion is dearly held, and not a common one.

I appreciate the manufacturer posting further information here to help folks understand the complexities of design and manufacture, and the inherent trade off decisions one must make.

It's a big fun world of audio, let's be sure to keep it that way around here where we all invest so much time and energy to sustain an excellent community.

I'm guessing what we have here is as much a language / translation problem as it is an impropriety problem. Either way it seems folks have settled down. Thanks for giving a warning rather than pulling the thread, though...as you say, lots of good info here between the flames...

seikosha

« Reply #79 on: 23 Feb 2016, 03:16 pm »
I'm thankful the thread wasn't closed or posts deleted.  As a result of what transpired, Spacial put up a very interesting post and we all learned a lot about his design.  Had posts been deleted, we never would have gotten this knowledge and would have been left wondering if he had in fact been using a fundamentally flawed approach.