modwright and unifield 2 mk2

ravibe

modwright and unifield 2 mk2
« on: 2 Feb 2016, 01:33 pm »
Hi
The search for new poweramp has started..
Annyone herad the combo Modright KWA 150 connected to Unifield2 mk2? I've tried some expensive Jeff Rowland but that was a complete mismatch. I like tube sound but I can't go for tube poweramp because my listningsroom is only 16 square meter- to much heatproduction..

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Re: modwright and unifield 2 mk2
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2016, 02:50 pm »
Yes we have,

since we are distributing the very nice products of ModWright Instruments we combine them with Albert's speakers.

The KWA 150 give more than enough controled power to the Uni II's to make them sing in your room.

Enjoy the music,

Cor

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;image=136384

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #2 on: 2 Feb 2016, 02:59 pm »
I've been using Bel Canto Ref 1000 mkII's on the Unifield Two's in an 11'x17' room for years and i'm completely satisfied.  Sounds remarkably close to real music, never exceeding "warm" to touch, no matter the volume levels.  They are sized with large hardcover book dimensions.  Plenty of reviews, try to get your hands on a pair.. I don't think you'll be disappointed. 

ravibe

« Reply #3 on: 2 Feb 2016, 03:36 pm »
Thanks  for the Belcanto recommendation. I sure will check that out. Do anyone else have tried som low-warm production amp with unifield?

JackD201

« Reply #4 on: 2 Feb 2016, 04:57 pm »
There's a pair of Electrocompaniets at a really, really screaming good deal price right here in AC

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=137572.0

Warm, sweet and even if they are mono amps, are half width so they don't take up that much space

Brand new the Modwright amps would be on my list for sure. Others would be

Wells Inamorata

Aesthetix Atlas

Pass XA160.8

McIntosh MC152 or 302

Tubes that might not create that much heat or take up too much space while packing a wallop

KR VA910s

jbr

« Reply #5 on: 2 Feb 2016, 11:39 pm »
Until very recently, I used the Halo Parasound A23 amplifier with my Unifield 2 speakers with very good results. It didn't cost an arm and a leg, nor did it produce a lot of heat.

However, in my unattainable quest for the ultimate sound in my modest living space, I decided to upgrade the electronics in my system to a solid state brand that did cost an arm and a leg. In my opinion, the resulting audio quality was worth it. So much so, that I took the plunge and am awaiting delivery of a new pair of the Unifield 2 Signature model. I'm kinda excited.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #6 on: 2 Feb 2016, 11:56 pm »
Nice, Jbr!  Congratulations!  Keep us posted on the upgrade differences (typically not subtle with break-in)!!

jbr

« Reply #7 on: 3 Feb 2016, 12:44 am »
Will do.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #8 on: 3 Feb 2016, 03:10 am »
There's a pair of Electrocompaniets at a really, really screaming good deal price right here in AC

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=137572.0

Warm, sweet and even if they are mono amps, are half width so they don't take up that much space

Brand new the Modwright amps would be on my list for sure. Others would be

Wells Inamorata

Aesthetix Atlas

Pass XA160.8

McIntosh MC152 or 302

Tubes that might not create that much heat or take up too much space while packing a wallop

KR VA910s

..$3800 for these monoblocks...that my friend is a crazy good price..

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #9 on: 3 Feb 2016, 04:54 am »
Until very recently, I used the Halo Parasound A23 amplifier with my Unifield 2 speakers with very good results. It didn't cost an arm and a leg, nor did it produce a lot of heat.

However, in my unattainable quest for the ultimate sound in my modest living space, I decided to upgrade the electronics in my system to a solid state brand that did cost an arm and a leg. In my opinion, the resulting audio quality was worth it. So much so, that I took the plunge and am awaiting delivery of a new pair of the Unifield 2 Signature model. I'm kinda excited.
It will be worth the wait.  But I promise not to keep you waiting too long.  You should let me run them for a week for some good break in.

ravibe

« Reply #10 on: 3 Feb 2016, 06:15 am »

Congratulations!! it would be of interest if you could share what kind of solidstate that made you go for the upgrade in the unifield2 line

jbr

« Reply #11 on: 3 Feb 2016, 03:52 pm »
To Leif: Feel free to break them in prior to shipment to dealer. Just don't break them!

To Ravibe: I am now running with Constellation Inspiration series stereo amp 1.0 and preamp 1.0 which, I believe, powered the Signatures at the last Newport Beach audio show.

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #12 on: 3 Feb 2016, 09:29 pm »
To Leif: Feel free to break them in prior to shipment to dealer. Just don't break them!

To Ravibe: I am now running with Constellation Inspiration series stereo amp 1.0 and preamp 1.0 which, I believe, powered the Signatures at the last Newport Beach audio show.
I won't break them I promise lol.

At the Newport Show (AKA Irvine lol) we actually used the new Argo integrated by Constellation.  I have used the Inspirations at a few shows and they are spectacular electronics.  It's going to be a fantastic marriage with your new speakers :icon_lol: