My cornet2+clarinet (test...)
« on: 23 Oct 2004, 07:57 am »
Here they are, if I do this right...

[/img]

Tabascosauce

« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2004, 10:44 am »
Very nice!!

How do you rate their perfomance?  I'm considering the Cornet as my next DIY project.

Eric H

« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2004, 11:57 pm »
Thanks...  I can't really comment much on the sound of the clarinet yet - I've only listened to it for a couple hours.  I've had the cornet up for a few weeks, though, and I'm very happy with it.  I'm really just trying to get better and taking and posting pics, so here's another, hopefully sharper this time:

hagtech

• Facilitator
    • http://www.hagtech.com
« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2004, 05:35 am »
Hey, very nice!  Even the basic hammond-style chassis works out well.  One little touch I always forget to mention; I like to change the bolts in the transformer with stainless ones.  Looks better and won't rust.  #8 x 1.75" for the 370BH, I think.

jh

Eric H

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2004, 02:24 am »
Hi Jim - that's a good idea...  if you look closely I've reversed the top bolts on the cornet transformer but none of the others (need to get low profile socket or wrench for the bottom bolts).  I'll get some stainless of the correct length and put them in.  Things are still a bit rough at this point...  but they do make music.  The fun is just beginning...
Eric