Unifield2 mk2

ravibe

Unifield2 mk2
« on: 6 Jan 2016, 10:56 pm »
Hi
Waiting for my unifield2 from the fabric- 4 more weeks to go. Could not find the manuals on Shweikert`s website
I would like to be prepared so I will try to find some suitable stands for them. They are pretty heavy som I assume the stands also have to be heavy. My question:

1) What says the manual about the recommended height for the stands?
2) Recommended weight on the stands?
2) enyone who would like to recommends stand? - I have heard that steel is no god, but I dont know if that's truth..

Radiv

JackD201

Re: Unifield2 mk2
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2016, 01:27 am »
Hi Radiv

I got custom SolidTech stands from Musical Reality and they were very good in both sound and looks. You can PM ceedee here at AC.

Happy Hunting!

Jack

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2016, 06:14 pm »
The recommended height for the UniField 2 stands is 24 1/2" which includes the spikes if used.  This will put the tweeter at roughly 36" off the floor.  If your ear level in the listening position is lower or higher you can adjust the stand height for the difference.  We do sell brushed aluminum or powder coated stands.  Metal stands are not bad if they are made well.  Our stands have adjustable knobs for leveling and rake angle so you can adjust to listening distance which provides greater flexibility for speaker placement.  :singing:

Bretson

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2016, 01:01 pm »
Checkout mine.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=136735.20

They are Aurum Cantus V3M stands.  They are solid wood construction with spike/footers.  They are a nice piano black finish with a leather insert in the front and rear that is very subtle.  They also have a suitable sized top plinth for the rather large bookshelves.  They have a nice rake to them which adds some style compared to straight up and down pillars.

I bought mine from a Chinese fellow in Edmonton, Canada who has an arrangement to re-license them under the name Romanca.  Sounds greasy but they are good quality and the store has been around forever.

http://www.audio51.net/
Telephone : (780)432-3232

Enjoy your speakers.  They are amazing!