Thule IA60B

rmihai0

Thule IA60B
« on: 22 Oct 2004, 06:34 pm »
I am trying to replace my Thule IA60B with someting better. I already got NAD 1130 and after mods I plan to use it as preamp. Now I am trying to find a replacement for my Thule IA60B (the same reviewd by Dejan in TNT).

The problem is that I have a limited budget: $520 USD for everything (including chassis, parts and alike). So I am looking not necessarily for a used one (you might assume the price of the new being up to $1040 usd), but also I am looking for DYI projects. I was exploring the AKSA Aspen, but after shiping and taxes it proves to be way to expensive. I was also considered Dynaco ST 70, 120, Citation 12 and Hafler DH-200 or DH-120, but after I listened to them I still fell that something is missing. Maybe an Adcom 5300 or 5400 it will do it?

The good part is that I dont need to much power: if it can deliver 90W in 4 ohms that will be all I need.

If it matters, I am listening to classical music and I am interested in high definition at low volume levels (not to be confused with efficiency - in which I am NOT interested) and also I am interested in presenting as good as posible the transients from drums or other percussion intruments.

If you know anything that might help me, please let me know.

Thank you in advance