Loving the new BDP-3!

gdbalp

Re: Loving the new BDP-3!
« Reply #140 on: 7 Dec 2019, 02:25 am »
Hello Chris,

And I favour 5.1 audio through HDMI port, only increasing the capabilities of the BDP-3...

There are several companies that allow this 5.1 audio and here are some examples; ExaSound, OPPO, and Roon Nucleus.

When 5.1 audio is done right, it is amazing listening experience as compared to two channel audio :thumb:...

Luigi

gbaby

« Reply #141 on: 7 Dec 2019, 03:22 am »
Hello Chris,

And I favour 5.1 audio through HDMI port, only increasing the capabilities of the BDP-3...

There are several companies that allow this 5.1 audio and here are some examples; ExaSound, OPPO, and Roon Nucleus.

When 5.1 audio is done right, it is amazing listening experience as compared to two channel audio :thumb:...

Luigi
I thought EXaSound was a D/A converter. At any rate, the BDP3 also sounds great with Dolby Pro Logic Iix music in 7.1 through the Bryston SP3. I don't miss the fact the rear channels aren't discreet. It still sounds damn good.  :thumb: And, its coming from any two channel source.  8)

gdbalp

« Reply #142 on: 20 Dec 2019, 04:41 am »
Chris/James

Is there any chance of incorporating the I²S digital interconnection between BDP-3 and BDA-3 in future upgrades?

I hear that using the I²S is more accurate digital transmission method that leads to better sound reproduction... :thumb:

Luigi

srb

« Reply #143 on: 20 Dec 2019, 05:13 am »
My guess would be no.

I²S was designed to interconnect integrated circuits internally on a circuit board (which I assume is being done in the Bryston CD players) but not used as an external cable connection between components.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #144 on: 20 Dec 2019, 11:03 am »
My guess would be no.

I²S was designed to interconnect integrated circuits internally on a circuit board (which I assume is being done in the Bryston CD players) but not used as an external cable connection between components.

Correct sir!

james