An Introduction & 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

UpperCut

• UpperCut - Audio
Greetings from New Zealand

I’m a self proclaimed audiophile for most of my life now first way back in Germany were I come from, and later here in NZ were I Immigrated too. I thing my love to music came from a time around the early 70th when life concerts were the norm and the fact that I missed just out on the Woodstock era by only a couple of years!
Later then Arts, Photography etc, and these three together gave me a lot of enjoyment till today. Audio as such has become over the years an item which I take great interest in, but not only as a listener but also as an active person in design & development as simple I had over time over & over questions which could not so easily be answered. My personal quest began searching for exposure of some 400+ pages of material I had collected in the nineties all with ideas of ways how I myself would wanted to see & build mainly enclosures, but also some associated electronics ….
I worked in three trades over the years (electronics, automotive & MS computer engineering which included Adobe software development) searching always for more answers associated with my actual audio hobby, and in the end it seemed that I had more questions then answers - questioning mostly the reproduction of sounds (as in loudspeaker enclosures – ‘To hear music the way the Artist(s) intended it to be heard’).

So with that said I’m sure that you will not find in me a person not proclaiming ‘Bigger is better’ but rather addressing points of Re-Development, and the Re-Thinking of design & development in Hi-Fi & Automotive Applications from ways which are simple outdated.

These enclosure units (4) have great useful angles for Imaging, and are of an appealing shape!
When I bought them here in NZ (Made In China) they looked quiet Cheap & Nasty with a weight of about 1.35 Kg each, but nevertheless I saw potential in them for a Hi-Fi or Automotive project, and the set (four - 4) fully Re-Developed & Enhanced has now a weight of 4.7 Kg with electronics & 4.3 without usable each on 8 Ohm or as a set on 4 Ohm etc.

If you are asking yourself what are these white panels??? Well, these are ....
'Single Action Free Floating Resonance Dispersion Re / Deflectors'

« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2015, 12:09 pm by UpperCut »

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Welcome Uppercut, nice engine :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Greetings & Welcome to AC UpperCut   :thumb:  Nice Jag !

Phil A

Welcome to AC!

Blackmore

Welcome!  Interesting design.