Any recommendations on a $500 less amp for Polk Audio Rti A7's?

rhcustoms

• Industry Participant
Hello AC,

I'm looking at buying an amp for my Polk Audio Rti A7's, and would like to spend around $500. I'm looking for a solid state amp that is is 100 X 2 @ 4 ohms or greater, and would like to hear you recommendations.

Thanks,
RH

Charles Calkins

Hi Guy:

You might give the Emotiva XPA 200 amp a try. $399.00. 150 watts per channel.
   For the price of their gear you will be getting your moneys worth. I have the same speakers.
   I use them as fronts in my surround system. I have an Onkyo receiver that puts out 100x5.
   Sounds good enough for me.

Cheers
                                               Charlie

Early B.

You might give the Emotiva XPA 200 amp a try. $399.00. 150 watts per channel. For the price of their gear you will be getting your moneys worth.

Yep.

Phil A

Another vote for the XPA-200 - have one in a spare system driving old B&W P6s

Stercom

Look for a used Acurus A150 or A250. 150 watts/channel or 250/channel. You can get either one for under $500 (the A250 will obviously cost you more) - the sound quality and reliability will be excellent.  Best regards. 

Update - Just found this A250: http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649234297-acurus-a250/
(Not associated with seller)
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2015, 02:27 am by Stercom »

rodge827

Crown XLS1500' there is a huge thread about the amp here on AC.
Best
Chris

Charles Calkins

Crown XLS1500' there is a huge thread about the amp here on AC.
Best
Chris
    Parts express sells Crown amps. Never heard them but they have a lot of power and are cheap.

Cheers
                                       Charlie

MLS

I would recommend an amp on the warm side.  The RTi series tends to be a bit forward and aimed at home theater applications.

YMMV

Scott