Vandy 5As for Quatro Woods?

kenreau

Vandy 5As for Quatro Woods?
« on: 11 Nov 2015, 10:53 pm »
Kids are out of the house now and I'm looking at downsizing to a smaller place, or condo, after the first of the year.  I'm anticipating my 5As may be a little cramped and was considering also downsizing to possibly the Quatros.  Just wanted to post this here in case anyone may be interested in a partial trade/swap with their Quatros.  Only interested in a Quatro Wood versions (prefer darker wood veneer, or even the black finish).

I'm located in Portland, Oregon.

Thx
Kenreau
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2015, 04:33 pm by kenreau »

ctsooner

Re: Vandy 5As for Quatro Woods?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2015, 09:59 pm »
Getting th Quatro wood CT will give you even better sound than your 5A's. I am selling my Treos to get a new pair of quatros as they are sooo worth it. Good luck

kenreau

« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2015, 10:21 pm »
I would love to order new ones but I've got to play in the preowned/used market due to budget constraints (two kids in college simultaneously).  I'm not sure what to make of the CT models.  I've not heard the speakers myself, but have gotten feedback from two industry peeps that have and their impression was the CT pushed things a little too far.  They both liked the pre-CT versions better (of my 5As).  I can't imagine that Richard would "improve" things in that direction, so I'm waiting to hear some myself one day and make up my own mind.  First world problems at this point.  I love my 5As and really have no complaints, only downsizing issues to manage.

Keep us posted when you get the new Quatros and your impressions please.

Thx
Kenreau

ctsooner

« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2015, 12:51 am »
WE've PM's a bit, but I want to put my thoughts on the board.  I have no idea what to say about anyone who feels that the CT's are pushing things too far.  it's a MUCH better tweeter and it opens things up, smooths things out and presents a much more realistic presentation.  It's cleaner and much much faster than the ceramic version.  I have the ceramic Treo's and love them.  They would make me happy for a long long time, but I want the CT's and I want the adjustable bass for my room.  I've listened to every speaker Richard makes and often.  I've auditioned them with a lot of different people who hear differently.  Not one thought the CT version wasn't outstanding or thought he has pushed things too far. 

I"m just kind of shocked to hear others say that about the speakers.  Hmmmm.  We all hear differently I guess.  Thanks for sharing though.