Best way to get single stereo input, to dual stereo output with crossover & EQ.

Ultralight

Figure there are some of you here who can provide a solution in minutes that is is more informed than if I were to read a few more hours on the web..... :lol:

Here's what I would like to do:

My my DAC output (either RCA or balanced XLR), I want to input into a device which will then:

1. Two pairs of stereo RCA output.
2. One pair of the output is lowpass to my powerd subs.  Another pair is high pass to my amp.
3. And the output will have equalization applied to it.  #2&3 (high passing & EQ simultaneously is a must)
4. IF I can also have room correction applied to output in addition to equalization, all the better.
5. Do it with as little impact on the audio quality as possible as I really like a high resolution sound.

6. What solutions would I look at? Budget matters but if there is a killer box that does that, will do this with extreme quality, i'll consider stretching.  Quality of the sound is what matters most in looking for this solution.

7. If there is a solution that includes a good quality DAC or DAC/Amp so that I can reduce my boxes, even better.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Thanks!
UL

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Howdy, UL!

How is your musical journey unfolding? (Well, I hope.)

Assuming I've correctly understood what you have described, I would recommend sauntering over to the Selah Audio circle to see if Rick Craig has a solution. He has made mention of a device that may perform the functions you seek.

Best of luck, and enjoy your journey!  8)

Michael

Phil A

Not sure I fully understand it but you can get a balanced to RCA adapter and devices like http://www.amazon.com/FMOD-Crossover-Pair-Low-Pass/dp/B0006N41EM

This company also has products that might be of interest - http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products.shtml