Adona Racks used at RMAF

Wayne1

Adona Racks used at RMAF
« on: 16 Oct 2004, 07:59 pm »
The Adona Corporation sent me out some of their GREAT racks to use at RMAF.

I want to thank Paul Lemanski for taking the time to build these and send them all the way out to Colorado.

These racks look and work GREAT!

The shelves are made from granite and MDF bonded together with some proprietary compound. They go for about $250.00 for a shelf and stand layer. The layers can be built to almost any height.

Brian Cheney was very impressed with them and he may pick some up.

Georgr (Zybar) did buy some of the demo units. Hopefully they will arrive safely in NY and he will report soon.

As my camera vanished, I don't have any photos. Here are the ones thay Tyson took that I brightened up a bit.

If you are at all interested in a VERY good, stable, GREAT looking rack that couples and isolates, get in touch with Paul through his website
http://www.adonacorporation.com/audiorack.html

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Adona Racks used at RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2004, 08:43 pm »
As Wayne stated above, I liked them so much that I bought three "levels" and will have them go left to right instead of stacked.  The platforms don't ring (plain granite always has that ring to it that I hate) because they have the mdf and special compound.

I also like these units because the height is adjustable.  I will try putting my BPT 3.5 Signature underneath the center level while having nothing below the other two.  This should give me a little less cluttered look than I have right now.

I was hoping to put them together today, but FedEx decided to only deliver 1 out of the 4 boxes.   :cry:

FWIW, here are a couple of pics I took while at RMAF:

George

zybar

• Volunteer
Adona Racks used at RMAF
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2004, 08:52 pm »
Below are a couple of pics of how I used the Adona Levels.  As you can see, I didn't stack them because of the large screen on the wall.  I think this is a much cleaner look than I had before.  I can't yet judge how much of a difference there is in the sound since I made other changes at the same time.

George

shokunin

Adona Racks used at RMAF
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2004, 09:06 pm »
Wow.. that looks great!!  Seems less cluttered than before.  All ya need now are some Macassar ebony platforms for the rowlands  :wink:

Wayne1

Adona Racks used at RMAF
« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2004, 09:20 pm »
George,

That does look GREAT!

I am glad that everything finally arrived safely.

Maybe you should talk to Paul about getting another two shelves and two crossmembers. Then you can connect everything together and have a five shelf horizontal rack.

zybar

• Volunteer
Adona Racks used at RMAF
« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2004, 10:16 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
George,

That does look GREAT!

I am glad that everything finally arrived safely.

Maybe you should talk to Paul about getting another two shelves and two crossmembers. Then you can connect everything together and have a five shelf horizontal rack.

And a BIG THANK YOU goes out to Wayne for helping me get the racks even though there wasn't any financial benefit for him.

A truly class guy.

George

Gordy

Adona Racks used at RMAF
« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2004, 10:51 pm »
Hi all,

I just wanted to add that we use similar, but industrial (unfinished) versions of extruded racks at work.  Having ordered parts and assembled more than a few of these I must say that the price is extremely fair.  Especially considering the granet/mdf shelf.  We pay nearly the same buying corp./bulk sans shelving!

All the best :D

modwright

• Industry Contributor
    • ModWright Instruments
Another Plug for Adona!!!
« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2004, 02:58 am »
I too used racks from Adona coporation and bought three levels myself - with plans to order a fourth for the stack and probably another set of four in the future.

I was VERY impressed with their build, the design from a mechanical/vibration standpoint and with their aesthetics.  I bought mine with black risers, tan granite shelves and chrome tip-toes.  Retail price is exceptionally fair and Paul is a heck of a great guy.

We discussed our respective backgrounds after he gave me his technical explanation of how the unit is designed, relative to different harmonic oscillations, etc.  It turns out that he is an Electrical Engineer by degree and I told him that I am a Mechanical Engineer.  Obviously we shared a common 'geek-appreciation' for the design, but it also told me that he really DOES know what he is doing and not just making pretty industrial furniture.

In a word, run don't walk to your computer and order these for your system if you are considering a new rack setup.  I can't wait to get mine :).

Dan W. - ModWright.

cytocycle

Adona Racks used at RMAF
« Reply #8 on: 25 Oct 2004, 07:31 am »
Zybar,

Wow what a clean system setup with those racks!
I liked your setup before but that seems to minimize the equipment for some reason!
Great pictures also.

Regards,
Chris

ctviggen

Adona Racks used at RMAF
« Reply #9 on: 25 Oct 2004, 11:00 am »
George,

That does look great!  It's amazing what something as simple as a rack will do for looks (and probably sound).