Any Naim Owners: Questions about a 42/110 Combo

kbuzz3

Any Naim Owners: Questions about a 42/110 Combo
« on: 3 Nov 2015, 04:46 pm »
Hello all a friend of mine asked me to take evaluate an old Naim set of nap 110 with nap 42 pre. Unfortunately he does not have any of the proprietary Naim din cables. So before I invest in cables I googled the pair but did not find much. There is some comment in the naim forums but not much

I remember dealers selling boatloads of this combo with the linn Kan but don't recall ever hearing a set. I also believe the set was lower on the Naim food chain. So anyone have any thoughts on this pairing. He brought them over to see if thy work in contemplation of a sale but I'm curious if it's worth tracking down some cabling. I would also assume it might need a recap but who knows.

So any thoughts , comments opinions appreciated. Maybe I can find someone who will load me a set of cables.

Guy 13

Re: Any Naim Owners: Questions about a 42/110 Combo
« Reply #1 on: 3 Nov 2015, 08:33 pm »
Hello all a friend of mine asked me to take evaluate an old Naim set of nap 110 with nap 42 pre. Unfortunately he does not have any of the proprietary Naim din cables. So before I invest in cables I googled the pair but did not find much. There is some comment in the naim forums but not much

I remember dealers selling boatloads of this combo with the linn Kan but don't recall ever hearing a set. I also believe the set was lower on the Naim food chain. So anyone have any thoughts on this pairing. He brought them over to see if thy work in contemplation of a sale but I'm curious if it's worth tracking down some cabling. I would also assume it might need a recap but who knows.

So any thoughts , comments opinions appreciated. Maybe I can find someone who will load me a set of cables.

Hi kbuzz3,
I bought 20 years ago that exact combo from Audio Club in Montreal
before leaving for a 20 years stay on planet Vietnam.
I also had a Naim CD1 or 3 ???
I remember that it sounded good, but was too agressive for me,
I could not use it for more than one hour,
I felt uncomfortable.
I switched to tube and the problem was solved.
Now, that's me, not you or anyone else.
I guess many AudioCircle members will agree with me and say:
Try it, before you buy it, if that's possible of course.
In addition, the nap 110 left channel failed just 18 months after purchase,
I manage to get it fix in Vietnam, but the sound was not good.
On a short trip to Montreal, I got it fixed by the importer and sold it.

Guy 13
formaly from planet Vietnam,
but a genuine French Canadian from Montreal.