A370PEQ RCA HPF out

BK_856er

A370PEQ RCA HPF out
« on: 22 Oct 2015, 04:04 pm »
I'm toying around with some ideas to add more low-end to my LGK desktop setup with challenging space constraints (can't do stands, etc.)

I know Danny likes the splitter and inline filters made up according to the amp input impedance.

By comparison, how is the quality of the A370PEQ RCA line out?  These are 80Hz HPF.  Would keep cabling nice and simple compared to some other options, but I don't want to sacrifice any SQ.

Any thoughts on this?

BK

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: A370PEQ RCA HPF out
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2015, 06:55 pm »
BK,

Haven't tried it myself but everything I have heard says don't do it, the SQ is terrible.

jparkhur

« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2015, 07:06 pm »
do a  inline .005 and put it in an electrical box..  all good..
assuming your amp is 10k out.

JP

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2015, 10:36 pm »
I'm toying around with some ideas to add more low-end to my LGK desktop setup with challenging space constraints (can't do stands, etc.)

I know Danny likes the splitter and inline filters made up according to the amp input impedance.

By comparison, how is the quality of the A370PEQ RCA line out?  These are 80Hz HPF.  Would keep cabling nice and simple compared to some other options, but I don't want to sacrifice any SQ.

Any thoughts on this?

BK

I'd rather they not even be on the amp. Don't use them.

BK_856er

« Reply #4 on: 23 Oct 2015, 02:01 am »
Thanks, guys.  Really good to know - I won't bother then with the RCA out, and since that's not a feature I'll be using one of the other amps will be better suited (and cheaper!).

BK