Speaker Break In?

Escott1377

Speaker Break In?
« on: 18 Oct 2015, 03:25 pm »
I traded emails w/ Damon regarding break in time for my jr's that were recently upgraded.

Does it make a difference on the volume level regarding burn in time?

200 - 500 hours is the recommended time.  Right now I just have talk radio at a very low level running thru them.

Please let me know and thanks.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: Speaker Break In?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2015, 06:28 pm »
With my VR5 Annies break in took about 400 hrs which seems silly but true.  I burned a cd with a cut from a Jenny Clark cd "Ozone" which is ridiculous bass and per Albert's suggestion a Christian McBride cut which had a lot of slap bass...other tracks with bell sounds etc...i.e. tracks covering the entire sonic spectrum.  I didn't dare play this when we were home...happy wife and all that as you know, but when we'd leave I'd put the player on repeat and the volume level fairly high...the cats must have loved it.  It did speed up the break in period.  Good luck...those updated Jrs should be killer!

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Re: Speaker Break In?
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2015, 08:40 pm »
If you are able to play the speakers at moderate levels with full recordings when your not home will sure help.  The slap bass track ES347 had mentioned is great.  You just want full recordings that will move the suspension on the drivers. At night time if you can leave the speakers on at very low volume this will also help. :D