VR55 colors

gammajo

VR55 colors
« on: 17 Oct 2015, 02:35 pm »
While I agree with Damon that the VR55 in Sliver is a wonderful looking speaker, I also want to put in a plug for the 55s in Steinway Piano Black in listening rooms that are also living spaces and particularly where they need to please a partner. Why? - because the black look slims down the speaker and I think makes it look a bit taller. The black looks great with or without grills. But mainly because the finish is so well done that it is highly reflective of whatever is around it, which helps it blend delightfully with the colors of the decor. With that in mind see pictures below on this fall day. This pictures were downsized, actual reflections are even sharper and more detailed.

I would love to have VR55 owners post pictures here of the 55s in silver and also the bronze (which I hear changes color in different lighting) and how they capture light in an actual listening room.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: VR55 colors
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2015, 04:01 pm »
You can't miss with piano black...I loves me VR5s in piano black  :thumb:

kernelbob

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2015, 06:10 pm »
Joe, great pics of the piano black 55's.  You've captured the special effect of how the environment "melts" into that surface.

gammajo

« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2015, 08:16 pm »
Thanks, Bob. I am really hoping we get some pictures of the 55s in all the colors that people have made, to give others an idea of thier choices before purchase.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2015, 08:54 pm »
Mine are custom Porsche Macadamia Brown Metallic finished and they are EYE CANDY!!!  They blend with my room seamlessly, take on different tones depending on the light filtering the room.  Will try to post a pic later. No matter the color you desire, VSA has contracted with a "finisher" that is 2nd to none.  With grills on they a are spectacular.  Interestingly, everyone that pays me a visit prefers the grills off...  They look and sound stunning without grills.  This pair were on display at THE SHOW in Newport earlier this year. 

I've got to tell ya.. I'm listening at least 2-3 hours daily without interruption.  Every day is a new experience and I've never been more thrilled.  I'm in Houston and would enjoy a visit from anyone interested in a listen.    Jack

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2015, 09:00 pm »
I heard them before you did lol

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2015, 09:14 pm »
Yes you did, my friend.  And you helped tremendously to find the color match I wanted, I might add.  So the question then,, are custom finishes available for the Endeavor E3's and E5's?

gammajo

« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2015, 09:26 pm »
Jack,
I have been "dying" to see some pictures of the color you selected in your home that show how they react to light. So please, please post a few (each worth a thousand words)
Glad you are loving them - me too. Listened for a few hours again today and continue to be absolutely delighted in their ability to convey music. They indeed have gotten even better with full break-in.

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #8 on: 18 Oct 2015, 04:40 am »
Yes you did, my friend.  And you helped tremendously to find the color match I wanted, I might add.  So the question then,, are custom finishes available for the Endeavor E3's and E5's?

Thank you again for letting us show your pair at The Show Newport.  As far as colors for Endeavor speakers, we can do just about any color.