Windows 7 email attachment question

Don_S

Windows 7 email attachment question
« on: 11 Oct 2015, 09:29 pm »
It frustrates me every time I  attach pictures to a Yahoo email. Every time I attach a picture I have to go to the menu, choose pictures, then choose the folder I want.  If I want to attach four photos from the same folder, I have to go through the same process each time.  Is there a way to get back to the same folder automatically?  I would think it makes sense to return the user to the same folder until they choose to go elsewhere. I know that when I am done with attachments for that email and then do another email later I get returned to the last folder I used. So why can't I do that for the same email?   :scratch:

srb

Re: Windows 7 email attachment question
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2015, 09:55 pm »
I don't use Yahoo mail, so I'm not sure why you don't return to the last used folder when adding additional attachments as I do with Outlook webmail and Cox webmail.

However, almost all of the webmail browser interfaces I have used will at least let you select multiple files from a folder by holding down the Control key and clicking each file you want to attach.

While not solving your problem (which is all the more puzzling since you say you return to last folder used on a new email), maybe that will at least make it a bit less frustrating for you.

Steve

Don_S

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2015, 11:22 pm »
Steve,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I will try it.  I am familiar with the use of the shift and control keys for selecting multiple items either in series (shift) or separated (control).  I never thought to try it with email.   :oops:  I guess I thought it would not work.  Or maybe I did try it a long time ago and it did not work so I never tried it again.  The suggestion is definitely worthy of another try. I am not sure why my brain did not pick up on that possibility.  Except to say it ain't what it used to be.  :duh:

Neither is the rest of me.  I have been digging a drainage ditch all afternoon and I am exhausted.  October is too late in the year for 95 degree temperatures.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2015, 11:55 pm »
At gmail it was this way for long time, so some years ago they develop a option to drag the image from the PC folder to the composing email msg.

If you change to gmail take note that is near impossible to recovery a hacked email as they made absurd questions to verify you.