$60 for new MoFi Patricia Barber???

Tonto Yoder

« on: 14 Oct 2004, 05:33 am »
Acoustic Sounds' latest e-mail mentions upcoming vinyl releases of several PB albums, but "Cafe Blue" and "Modern Cool" will be $60 each. :o  :o
It's enough to make an ape cry.

mcrespo71

« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2004, 05:51 am »
These better be 2 LP's recorded at 45 RPM for those prices.

Michael

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2004, 06:00 am »

Details
---looks like you're half-right (45 RPM)  but  there are 3 LP's for "Cafe Blue."

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2004, 06:06 am »
Quote from: Tonto Yoder

Details
---looks like you're half-right (45 RPM)  but  there are 3 LP's for "Cafe Blue."
You mean you have to get up out of your chair three times to change the lp....too much work. :jester:

dogberry

« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2004, 11:52 am »
I love vinyl far more than CDs, but I won't go this far.  I don't care how good it'll sound, I'm not getting up that often.  It's not the number of times, it's the frequency.  Remember it's one album on 3 records.  That means like every other song you're back at the deck.

Forget that.  Just give me a clean standard album and I'm good.

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2004, 12:24 pm »
I have a couple of the audiophile 45 RPM LP's---Classic Records Cowboy Junkies (4 discs), Mingus "Ah Um" (4 discs) and the Grooveland Holly Cole (normal disc and one 45 12").  Now and then, it's nice to be able to demonstrate just how good one's system can be but it's enough of a pain to discourage doing this very often.  Those hefty prices are a discouragement too.

BTW, the Mingus set was mistakenly sold by Tower Records some time ago---they mixed up the Classic 4 LP box with the normal 1 LP pressing, selling the $50 set for $15 or some ridiculously low price.  Needless to say, sales were surprisingly brisk for a short time (until stock ran out and they realized their mistake).

andyr

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2004, 03:22 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
... You mean you have to get up out of your chair three times to change the lp....too much work. :jester:
Jeez, Lonewolf, you mean you don't have a nice "auto changer" to go with your new AKSA 100N+??  :lol:

Regards,

Andy

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2004, 04:14 am »
Quote from: andyr
Quote from: lonewolfny42
... You mean you have to get up out of your chair three times to change the lp....too much work. :jester:
Jeez, Lonewolf, you mean you don't have a nice "auto changer" to go with your new AKSA 100N+??  :lol:

Regards,

Andy
The AKSA is still being built....but I guess I could get my wife to flip the lp's for me..... :lol: