Hello all!

Sir Yacho

Hello all!
« on: 1 Oct 2015, 03:39 pm »
Name's Mike.

I grew up musically in the 90's, electronically in the 2000's, and sonically in a parallel dimension somewhere between the 60's and the present where high quality sound is appreciated, which is what landed me here among the audiophiles.

I've been a recording engineer for a decade, working across all genres.  I have won a Grammy for using a good mic with a good preamp in a good room on a brilliant musician.  I've also had rave reviews come back to me for recordings that I accomplished using signal chains that cost less than $50.  Music/sound/audio is always subject to the last piece of gear in the signal path: the listener's brain.  I believe audio forums like these are great resources to help mold and shape a listener's audio system to be as close to their cranial ideal as possible.  All opinions are only suggestions, however, and most reviews come from a place of unknown relativity.  But if you can pull out the information from behind the gloss of fanaticism or the smear of vitriol, the listener can be better for it.  This is the filter that I apply while reading posts.

That being said, the level of technical expertise and knowledge base among these forums is astounding and immensely appreciated.  How amazing is it that I can possess the answer to any question I might have about anything with nothing more than 5 minutes of time and a piece of glass and metal I carry around in my pocket?  We are lucky to be living 100 years later than a century ago.

But I digress...  Hello all!

-Mike

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2015, 04:26 pm »
Great introduction Mike, Welcome.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2015, 04:38 pm »
Greetings & Welcome Sir Yacho  (Mike)  :thumb: Will look forward to your sharing of what is obviously a wealth of experience & knowledge.  8)

Sir Yacho

« Reply #3 on: 1 Oct 2015, 04:52 pm »
Thanks Arthur,

Now, if only we were all dolphins, we might be able to tap into that parallel dimension more frequently.

Thanks for the fish!

Blackmore

« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2015, 05:04 pm »
Welcome Mike. 

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2015, 05:43 pm »
Welcome to AC!

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #6 on: 1 Oct 2015, 07:10 pm »
Welcome to AC Mike :hyper:

I hope to hear some of you thoughts on the recording process in the future.   

Alan