VR4 SR mk3 for $3500?

Hoosierdaddy

VR4 SR mk3 for $3500?
« on: 28 Sep 2015, 01:56 am »
There is a pair on Agon now for $3498. Pickup only in Oregon. Does that price seem too low? For that price I may contact the seller and ship them myself. Of course I would run the serial numbers by VSA to confirm provenance. Any thoughts on this or is it too good to be true on the price?

VSA_Production

Re: VR4 SR mk3 for $3500?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2015, 02:07 am »
That is an incredible price.  If you have any questions give me a call.

951-682-0706

Delacroix

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2015, 02:26 am »
Obviously, the guy can sell his speakers for any price he wants in order to move them, and if he does not want to bother with shipping, he might realize that he has to price them a bit lower to move them on. That's good for buyers. But he does say he bought them new for $9k, and this was 7 years back. I can't remember when those speakers were that price new (weren't the Mk2s around $12k back then??) , and since he has a Mk 3 upgrade, the original price does seem a little low.  I'd wonder when the Mk 3 upgrade could have come in too? Maybe he bought them already upgraded from another seller (so they were 'new' in terms of being just upgraded??). I'd post a public question on A'gon under the listing to get a public response to these questions.

Still, the photos are clear and if the numbers  and the provenance check out, could be a steal. Keep us posted :)

JackD201

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2015, 07:56 am »
Check the finish. If it isn't piano gloss black it likely isn't a Mk3. Also check the tweeter. It should be a purplish dual surround dome and not a ring radiator.