Various audiophile jazz CD's

charmerci

Various audiophile jazz CD's
« on: 22 Sep 2015, 01:18 am »
As someone who’s on a perpetual budget, I’m selling my small audiophile collection of jazz CD’s in order to help finance a purchase of new speakers. (I’ve also posted on ebay my Complete Capitol Recordings of the Nat King Cole Trio for $525 - which is by far the best price out there now.) I still like jazz, I’m just not obsessively listening to it like I was years ago.

All the discs are in excellent shape, scratch free. The plastic cases are generally somewhat worn but in good shape. All the outside cardboard sleeves of the DCC/Steve Hoffman 24 karat discs are intact but are pretty worn - anyway, very few people sell these cardboard sleeves used. (pictures upon request)

I'm selling them on ebay but here my prices will be mostly $5 lower or make me an offer on the Sonny Rollins and Dinah.

MSFL silver disc - Zoot Sims - Zoot at Ease  $35
DCC - Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus $89

MSFL - Frank Sinatra - Songs for Swinging Lovers $15
DCC - Getz-Charlie Byrd - Jazz Samba  $40
DCC -  Stan Getz Meets Gerry Mulligan in Hi-Fi $35
Sheffield Labs - Harry James - The King James Version (direct to disc master) $20

Sony gold disc - Tony Bennet with Count Basie - In Person! $25
Verve - The Jones Brothers - Keeping Up with the Joneses $15

This is a limited edition disc of the only recording with Thad (trumpet), Hank (piano) and     Elvin (drums) together playing very tight bop/hard bop. Eddie Jones on bass is not related     to them but the producer thought it would be cute to have the great bassist on the record.

Also the Complete Dinah Washington on Mercury vol. 5  $85
    3 discs - 1956-58 so the sound is pretty good and this is the best of her later work.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2015, 11:07 pm by charmerci »