Wilco, A Ghost is Born

jackman

Wilco, A Ghost is Born
« on: 12 Oct 2004, 10:21 pm »
Just wanted to pass along a couple words about the new Wilco album.  I'm a huge Wilco fan and have been listening to the new one since I bought it...non-stop.  I did not expect this record to top my favorite Wilco album "Summerteeth", but it is at least as good.  It's very accessable and all of the tracks demonstrate Wilco's maturation as a band.  Don't have any magic words but I would encourage anyone who likes good music to check this one out.  

I agree with many of the people who voted for this as album of the year 2004.  I also picked up the new Interpol and Modest Mouse.  Very different but worth a listen if you are familiar with these bands.  The Wilco album is much more to my liking but these are good (listen on Amazon first, they may not be your cup of tea).  

Is there a better American band (active) than Wilco?  I look forward to their show in Chicago on October 31!  Did anyone check out the live bonus feature on the CD?  It's Wilco live at the Vic.  Cool place to see a cool band.  They are playing at the Auditorium this time around.  Hopefully, Tweedy will live healthy and keep writing great songs!  

4/4 stars for Ghost!

J

PS- Okay, I re-listened to Summerteeth and maybe it's a bit better.  Maybe I'll like Ghost more with time.

JoshK

Wilco, A Ghost is Born
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2004, 12:26 pm »
Before this album, I only like Wilco so-so, but this album is addictive.  Even my wife likes it and she wasn't too fond of YFTH.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Wilco, A Ghost is Born
« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2004, 02:13 pm »
"Being There" is still my favorite Wilco album, but I really do like ALL of them.

For the past few years Wilco/Uncle Tupelo has recieved probably the most air time in my system of any group.

If you get a chance to see Wilco live, you will not be disappointed.

George