Technical question on BP26/MPS2

Gibalok

• Metrum Pavane/Manley Shrimp/4BSST2/Penaudio Cenya
Technical question on BP26/MPS2
« on: 14 Sep 2015, 02:57 pm »
hello, have a couple of questions

1) Is it normal for BP26 to have interchannel signal penetration on max volume level. So I never listen my BP26/MPS2/4BSST2 higher than 5% of its capacity but when i checked the ground noise at max level, i heard the near input signal (voume 100% on BAL1 and slightly hear AUX input signal)

2) Is it normal to have a "zzzzz" sound on maximum level from BP26/MPS2/4BSST2 even the power comes through a set of power conditioners. Previously i had another integrated amp and it was completeley silent at max level of volume with the same power conditioners.

Thank you for answer.

PS. Im very enjoing my set up of BP26/MPS2/4BSST2 and PMC22 and non of the above question connected to real life problems (just technical questions)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Technical question on BP26/MPS2
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2015, 03:01 pm »
hello, have a couple of questions

1) Is it normal for BP26 to have innterchannel penetration on max volume level. So I never listen my BP26/MPS2/4BSST2 higher than 5% of its capacity but when i checked the ground noise at max level, i heard the near input signal (voume 100% on BAL1 and slightly hear AUX input signal)

2) Is it normal to have a "zzzzz" sound on maximum level from BP26/MPS2/4BSST2 even the power comes thrugh a set of filters. Previously i had another integrated amp and it was completeley silent at max level of volume with the same power conditioners.

Thank you for answer.

PS. Im very enjoing my set up of BP26/MPS2/4BSST2 and PMC22 and non of the above question connected to real life problems (just technical questions)

Hi

1. Yes depending on which input is next to which you will have some crossover at full levels.

2. It will depend a lot on the total Gain in the system.

james

Gibalok

• Metrum Pavane/Manley Shrimp/4BSST2/Penaudio Cenya
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2015, 03:06 pm »
Thank you James.

Im using DAC with "XLR : 3.0 Vrms@0dBFS each pin". For me it is important to be sure that some noise is allowed due to design specific.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2015, 07:33 pm »
...another question for Bryston here:

what was the power consumption of the 26 at idle??

thanx,

al.