VR-5 Anniversary MkII

VSA_Production

VR-5 Anniversary MkII
« on: 13 Sep 2015, 09:33 pm »
Hello friends,

Something very interesting has occurred.  We were rearranging one of our building to handle increase production of a few of our models, we came across several crates stored deep in the back of the building which I had believed to be empty.  When we went to move them they were extremely heavy.  As we opened these crates I was in SHOCK.  6 pairs of VR-5 Anniversary cabinets.  I have 5 pairs left. Two pair in high gloss black, two pair in African Ebony, and one pair Cherry Veneer.  If you or someone you may know is interested, please give us a call.  These "of course" will come with a full factory warranty.

951-682-0706
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2015, 11:42 pm by VSA_Production »

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Re: VR-5 Anniversary MkII
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2015, 10:13 pm »
the VR-5 Annie's are SOTA phenomenal and the Ebony finish are something special.  Can't imagine they'll be around very long! 

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2015, 11:02 pm »
...price?

mhconley

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2015, 01:13 pm »
I'd love to find a pair of VR-5 Annie's stashed in the back of my storage...  :thumb:

Martin

Escott1377

« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2015, 03:10 pm »

I would have turned over my jr's that have been in for repair and upgrade had I known this was an option.

Almost like Let's Make a Deal, I will take what is behind door #3.

audiojem

« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2015, 08:20 pm »
VSA Production
Hard to call if nobody answers the phone!

VSA_Production

« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2015, 11:31 pm »
Forgive me Audiojem, sorry it took me so long to get back to you but I'm glad we were able to finally connect. Our phone and email is out of control with the publication of the VR-55 on the cover along with the discovery of the VR-5 Anniversary cabinets. :banana piano:

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2015, 11:58 pm »
Price? +1

audiojem

« Reply #8 on: 16 Sep 2015, 12:42 am »
VSA Production
Thanks for getting back to me today!
AJ

audio.bill

« Reply #9 on: 16 Sep 2015, 01:26 am »
I sent VSA a PM earlier today asking for their price to be posted and to please add their phone number. They responded thanking me and only added their phone number, so apparently they don't wish to show the price and want you to contact them if interested.

gammajo

« Reply #10 on: 16 Sep 2015, 01:33 am »
VSA - you guys are going to be busy - may the force be with you! And don't forget to put my new Shockwave 15XS on the schedule!

VSA_Production

« Reply #11 on: 18 Sep 2015, 02:16 am »
No worries gammajo :drool:

gammajo

« Reply #12 on: 18 Sep 2015, 02:55 am »
I know you guys will do a great job and it will be either a terrific Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas present! Meanwhile the VR55's are sounding fabulous and giving me pleasure in each day's listening time - so I can be patient.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #13 on: 18 Sep 2015, 03:12 am »
Joe, r u using the sub in a sep HT rig or in addition w the 55's?  I recall u have a very large living area from prev pics.  Jack

gammajo

« Reply #14 on: 18 Sep 2015, 03:10 pm »
Yes, we are going to use the sub as a pressure equalizer to gentle room nodes and increases pressurization in the 38'X22'x11' room. Therefore the plan is to put it in the back of the room using phase adjust to link the wave launches together. We may later add an additional sub but the are starting with one to give bank accounts time to replenish

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #15 on: 18 Sep 2015, 03:30 pm »
..twin subs dialed in can make all the difference especially in large rooms

kernelbob

« Reply #16 on: 18 Sep 2015, 04:59 pm »
Joe and I exchanged several emails regarding the XS subs.  One question was how much if any difference there was between one and two subs.  My VR100XS system came with two XS-15 subs and I had never tried just one.  So I did a comparison which included first figuring out what level to use for the "one sub" test.  On mono recordings, there was little difference once the levels were matched.  However on stereo recordings I was surprised at the improvement that two subs gave.  The key difference was that with two subs, the effect was much more pronounced of the acoustic space of the recording venue extending throughout the listening room, expanding the acoustic space in all directions. With both subs running at the back of the room in L/R positions the 3D quality of that space was more apparent.  I'm glad I did that test.  I would not have expected such a difference in the quality of the sound.

One more thing.  I temporarily replaced the stock power cords to the subs with a pair of Masterbuilt Signature power cords borrowed from the front M/T power amps.  I had tried that when I first got the system, but that was before the system was broken-in and now that I've put lots of hours on the system, I'm very used to its characteristics.  With the MB-Sigs, the bass took on a richer, more velvety sound with a better sense of space.  I'm not planning on springing for another pair of those Signature power cords, so I don't plan on trying them on the subs again.  Best to lest that aural memory fade.

Robert

gammajo

« Reply #17 on: 18 Sep 2015, 07:47 pm »
Good post Kennelbob - very helpful - thanks for doing the test.

nc42acc

« Reply #18 on: 2 Jan 2016, 07:25 pm »
Am I correct you have some extra VR5 Anniversary MKII cabinets in Ebony for sale. Please tell me who to contact.

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #19 on: 4 Jan 2016, 06:06 pm »
Am I correct you have some extra VR5 Anniversary MKII cabinets in Ebony for sale. Please tell me who to contact.
Yes we do.  You can call me at 951-682-0706.  My name is Leif.