Upgraded VR4jr's on their way home!

Escott1377

Upgraded VR4jr's on their way home!
« on: 10 Sep 2015, 12:34 am »
I have had an interesting past 4 months or so awaiting my upgraded jr's.

I decided to ship via UPS after talking to Albert, making sure to have them pack and insure each module.

When it came time for Lee to open my boxes, he discovered they had been damaged pretty badly.

From that point forward, I cannot say enough regarding the level of customer support from Albert and his team.

The ultimate resolution was to to strip the veneer, repair the wood and paint with 2 coats of high gloss piano black.

Throughout the whole process the VSA team has been in constant contact with me and Lee even delayed shipment a few weeks ago b/c he was not happy with the paint job my pair had received.

So, fingers crossed that my pair of speaker will be headed back home lnext week.

I understand from communicating with Albert why will be 1 of a kind due to the repair required for the UPS error. 

I am just super excited to get stereo back up and running!

gammajo

Re: Upgraded VR4jr's on their way home!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2015, 02:20 am »
Glad to hear that your long wait is almost over and that you received stellar service!

walterslw

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2015, 12:40 pm »
@escott keep us posted to how they look and sound.   SendSsome pics after you have them set up :-)

SundayNiagara

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2015, 02:00 pm »
When are the new Jrs coming?

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2015, 02:16 pm »
I have had an interesting past 4 months or so awaiting my upgraded jr's.

I decided to ship via UPS after talking to Albert, making sure to have them pack and insure each module.

When it came time for Lee to open my boxes, he discovered they had been damaged pretty badly.

From that point forward, I cannot say enough regarding the level of customer support from Albert and his team.

The ultimate resolution was to to strip the veneer, repair the wood and paint with 2 coats of high gloss piano black.

Throughout the whole process the VSA team has been in constant contact with me and Lee even delayed shipment a few weeks ago b/c he was not happy with the paint job my pair had received.

So, fingers crossed that my pair of speaker will be headed back home lnext week.

I understand from communicating with Albert why will be 1 of a kind due to the repair required for the UPS error. 

I am just super excited to get stereo back up and running!

..I can't see myself dealing with any other speaker mfr...Albert has spoiled me..  :thumb:

gammajo

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2015, 03:15 pm »
es347 You got that right! I have been talking to VSA about subs this week in a very challenging situation and they have spent many careful hours helping me with always the sense that their main goal is to get you the best sound for the price that is possible. The other thing that continues to impress is thier vast knowledge and experience. Over these many years every time they have suggested something, even if it was a bit counter-intuitive - they were correct.

htradtk

« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2015, 03:59 pm »
Yes, kudos to Albert and his VSA team! Best customer service period! When I had my Anni's upgraded to MKII back in 2012, everything was handled professionally, even though the upgrade was around 30 days, I was given progress reports on the upgrade. I with Gavin, I absolutely WILL NOT deal with any other speaker manufacture!! Escott, enjoy your new Jr's!

Henry

magister

« Reply #7 on: 16 Sep 2015, 05:06 am »
@escott, I'm happy that your jr's are almost home!  Please let us know how the upgrade sounds.  I have an original pair of jr's and am thinking about getting the upgrade.

Also, about shipping: did you have the original crates?  I still have mine and they seem sturdy enough to ship safely, but who knows what UPS does . . .

gammajo

« Reply #8 on: 16 Sep 2015, 02:11 pm »
Shipping to and from VSA Calf to North Carolina (seven times) I have always used Pilot Freight at VSA's recommendation and they have been great - prompt, reasonable, no damage even to the outside cartons. I would avoid UPS - they dropped a heavy package from a few feet in the air right in front of my eyes on my porch last week

dpatters

« Reply #9 on: 16 Sep 2015, 03:20 pm »
I would second the Pilot Freight recommendation.  My Vapor Joules were shipped to me by Pilot.  They were right on time and placed the pallet
right in my garage. Total shipping weight was well over 300lbs. Not even a mark on the cartons.

kernelbob

« Reply #10 on: 16 Sep 2015, 10:35 pm »
My VR100's were shipped via Pilot and arrived without damage.  There was a forklift hole punched in one of the tower's crates, but they missed the speaker.  Nice try though.

For smaller shipments, I always specify anything other than UPS.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #11 on: 16 Sep 2015, 11:33 pm »
..I found a pristine RtoR on ebay...one of a kind...15ips with an integral cart.  Offer accepted and shipped from Minnesota...UPS.  Received in a few days and it was obvious it had been dropped from some significant height...destroyed...a total.  This pristine one of a kind...poof.  Luckily I was fully reimbursed but yeah, UPS gets it wrong quite often...grrrr..