one box setup

Marius

one box setup
« on: 9 Sep 2015, 06:56 am »
HI James,

Having found a quasi final setup for my auditorium with Bryston separates cs, next I'm looking for a less complex one-box solution for my study. Since Bryston is designing new machines in the 1/3 format, I wondered if you'd also consider creating a one box setup for this challenge:

A Laptop connected to the Internet/ethernet/NAS is all there is on my bureau. I'd need a digital player/dac/amp in a box, preferably with internal speakers. I could be persuaded to change  the latter into Mini T's, but that would be the only 'cluttering' I'd be able/willing to accommodate.

Would that machine be in the works at Bryston? I've considered along the lines of one of the Naim Uniti's or even better the MUSO (https://www.naimaudio.com/streaming-and-multiroom), but obviously want for Bryston to deliver  :thumb:

Cheers,
Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: one box setup
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2015, 11:38 am »
HI James,

Having found a quasi final setup for my auditorium with Bryston separates cs, next I'm looking for a less complex one-box solution for my study. Since Bryston is designing new machines in the 1/3 format, I wondered if you'd also consider creating a one box setup for this challenge:

A Laptop connected to the Internet/ethernet/NAS is all there is on my bureau. I'd need a digital player/dac/amp in a box, preferably with internal speakers. I could be persuaded to change  the latter into Mini T's, but that would be the only 'cluttering' I'd be able/willing to accommodate.

Would that machine be in the works at Bryston? I've considered along the lines of one of the Naim Uniti's or even better the MUSO (https://www.naimaudio.com/streaming-and-multiroom), but obviously want for Bryston to deliver  :thumb:

Cheers,
Marius

Would the speakers add a lot of physical size?  I think an all in one integrated is a good idea.

james

Marius

« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2015, 02:43 pm »
Great!
Let us know how we can help conceive the B(Bryston) A(audio) H()ub)-1.

Cheers,
Marius

Would the speakers add a lot of physical size?  I think an all in one integrated is a good idea.

james

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 9 Sep 2015, 02:54 pm »
Not a Bryston All In One or BAIO?

Marius

« Reply #4 on: 9 Sep 2015, 03:00 pm »
 :D
just tried to follow the 3 letter acronym tradition....

Not a Bryston All In One or BAIO?

SFOX

« Reply #5 on: 9 Sep 2015, 10:01 pm »
BOB-1 Bryston One Box  :thumb:

mv

« Reply #6 on: 9 Sep 2015, 10:25 pm »
Use

BACH = Bryston Audio Computer Hub

Some specs:

- 2 x USB 3.0 ports at the front, and two on the back
- color LCD panel to show the cover art and the progress bar when songs are playing
- speakers should be separate to give more flexibility, and so there should be connectors on the back for folks to attach their speakers

Marius

« Reply #7 on: 8 Oct 2015, 12:07 pm »

james

Maybe http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/666-yamaha-nx-n500-network-powered-speaker-review/ could be an inspiration for a Bryston implementation. Sure, 2 boxes, but all included. A MiniTC(connected) :thumb:

Cheeers,
Marius

R. Daneel

« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2015, 05:02 pm »
Bryston Audio Lab?

I was not particularly impressed with Naim Uniti and thought you could buy better separates for less than the Uniti's price. Naim was one of the brands I considered but their ND5XS just wasn't nearly as good as Bryston's BDP-1/BDA-2 combination. I was actually quite surprised at the differences I heard.

I am actually still waiting for a BCD-2, unless Bryston has given up on the idea.

Cheers!
Antun

1ZIP

« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2015, 05:31 pm »
Many have been…waiting and waiting and…….

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2015, 08:52 pm »
  Yes, still waiting and waiting and waiting................. :evil:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #11 on: 17 Oct 2015, 04:06 am »
Bryston Audio Lab?

I was not particularly impressed with Naim Uniti and thought you could buy better separates for less than the Uniti's price. Naim was one of the brands I considered but their ND5XS just wasn't nearly as good as Bryston's BDP-1/BDA-2 combination. I was actually quite surprised at the differences I heard.

I am actually still waiting for a BCD-2, unless Bryston has given up on the idea.

Cheers!
Antun

Not given up - have a prototype.

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #12 on: 17 Oct 2015, 09:52 am »
  Hopefully it will have a tray loader.........pleeeeeeeeeze :drool: :thumb:

R. Daneel

« Reply #13 on: 17 Oct 2015, 12:22 pm »
Not given up - have a prototype.

james

Oh wow!!!

That's splendid news James!

Can you provide us with some detailes? A photo perhaps?

Thanks,
Antun

spinner

« Reply #14 on: 18 Oct 2015, 02:08 pm »
  Looking so forward to seeing this happen.......I hope for a try loader too....thanks James. :dance: