VR 55 on the cover of TAS Oct 2015

walterslw

VR 55 on the cover of TAS Oct 2015
« on: 9 Sep 2015, 12:11 am »
Just want to say congrats to Albert and the entire AVS team for making the cover of TAS with the VR 55.

I am loving my VR 5 Anniversary Mk 2.5s and can't wait until I can hear the new 55's in the flesh.

Finally gaining the recognition you guys deserve for manufacturing some of the best speakers in the market!

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Re: VR 55 on the cover of TAS Oct 2015
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2015, 01:57 am »
Can't wait for my copy to arrive!  Thx for the heads up!  Jacj

skolis

« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2015, 03:10 am »
Great to see this.  Congrats Albert and the whole team! 

Holli82

« Reply #3 on: 9 Sep 2015, 03:23 am »
Long overdue... but everyone on this site already knows that.

Congrats to Albert and team!

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #4 on: 9 Sep 2015, 12:52 pm »
Wowwee!  Well, I'm hear to tell you, the VR55's are every bit as awesome as I'm sure the review states.  Hoping my copy arrives today!  Congratulations to Albert and the VSA team, incl the cabinet & paint finisher! 

varsharun

« Reply #5 on: 9 Sep 2015, 04:42 pm »
Congrats Albert! Long overdue.

-Arun

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #6 on: 9 Sep 2015, 09:32 pm »
Hello Fellow Audiophiles,

All of us at VSA are proud to announce that our new VR-55 Aktive is the lead story in the October issue of TAS. This is their annual Speaker issue that will be passed around at RMAF.

The review is ten pages long and features fantastic photographs, along with one of the best tech articles I've ever seen.  The reviewer, Mr. Greg Weaver, compares our VR-55 Aktive to the 3X more expensive Magico Q7, but has some very surprising things to say regarding our speaker.  The digital version is out now and the print copy will arrive before the end of the month.

Our six-month back order situation (created by too many orders at the same time) has been resolved and this new model is now in full production.  Please call anyone at our Sales Office if you have interest in hearing or obtaining this new landmark system.  We can refer you to a dealer closest to you or arrange something else, at your preference.  If you live in Europe or Asia, we have many Distributors we can refer you to.

By the way, we will have a pair of VR-55 Aktive at RMAF in room #549. Come visit our room and meet my son Damon Von Schweikert, who is now running the manufacturing and operations division of our company.  I am now in R&D full time as we are expanding our company and product line.

I am also going on a world tour with the VR-55 Aktive and delivering a pair of speakers to a client (see the article and photos of this custom system on our Facebook page), so you will not see me at RMAF. Over the years, many of you have met Damon and know he is a very charming host. He would greatly enjoy your visit to the VSA room, so please stop by.

As always,
Happy Listening!
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2015, 04:12 pm by Albert Von Schweikert »

htradtk

« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2015, 12:13 am »
Big Congrats Albert!! Much success on your world tour!

Henry

gammajo

« Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2015, 02:25 am »
A hearty congratulations on a well deserved feature. I absolutely love my 55's. At five months in they continue to provide new delights. They are a truly amazing must hear before purchasing anything else at any price level

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 10 Sep 2015, 03:04 am »
Congrats, Albert!  :thumb:

gammajo

« Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2015, 03:33 am »
I just finished reading the 55 Review on line at TAS - TERRIFIC! Greg nailed it!

JackD201

« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2015, 12:22 pm »
Great job Albert and very well written review by Greg. Congratulations!

Mountainjoe

• President & CEO Eigen Audio Dealer
    • Eigen Audio
« Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2015, 09:53 pm »
I just read through the article - well written and sums up the most compelling aspects of the VR-55 imo. I remain enthralled with the musicality and organic presentation of these speakers - I'm sure lots of folks think my previous posts on the VR-55 were hyperbolic but hopefully now they are getting the sense of how special these speakers really are.:green:

It's great to see Albert getting the recognition he deserves - congratulations!  :thumb:

Cheers, Joe

htradtk

« Reply #13 on: 11 Sep 2015, 08:26 pm »
Just read the review in my copy of TAS! Very well written, kudos to Greg Weaver! It really amazes me the technology that goes into a speaker of this magnitude! The construction is flawless! I just can't imagine the sound! Albert, you are a true genius in speaker technology and wish you much success!!

Henry