Introduction due

JM21

Introduction due
« on: 5 Sep 2015, 01:11 am »
Hi all,
I've been reading AC for a few years but just recently starting posting.  I noticed the intro circle this week and thought I'd better officially get on board.  I'm from the DFW, TX area.  I've actually been into audio/music most of my life but only had nice mid-fi systems. About 7+ years ago I decided it was time to get serious! Since then I've been trying to make-up for lost time!  Been thru a number of nice amps, pre's, speakers.
My current system:
Lamm ML-1 mono's
Lampizator 7
PI Audio UberBuss
Triode Wire Labs (full loom)
Joseph Audio Perspective

Glad to be aboard!
Best,
Jay M.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: Introduction due
« Reply #1 on: 5 Sep 2015, 01:19 am »
Welcome.   And it looks like you are off to a strong start.   Was is you favorite piece of equipment now that you have left the midfi life style?   Can it really be a life style?

brooklyn

« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2015, 04:22 am »
Welcome JM21… you did get serious.. That’s looks like a really nice system you put together..

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 5 Sep 2015, 06:34 am »
Awesome looking (sounding, too) system you got there!

Welcome aboard!

JM21

« Reply #4 on: 5 Sep 2015, 03:35 pm »
Thanks for the nice comments folks...much appreciated!

Aldcoll - My favorite (though a tough call) would probably be the JA Perspectives. The Lamms are definitely a close 2nd.

JM

stlrman

« Reply #5 on: 5 Sep 2015, 06:16 pm »
Welcome!!how about some pics of the set up?

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #6 on: 6 Sep 2015, 01:04 am »

Aldcoll - My favorite (though a tough call) would probably be the JA Perspectives. The Lamms are definitely a close 2nd.

JM

You are lucky to be in the metroplex and have some brick and mortor stores to shop around.   I don't know if my two hour drive is a help or hinder.  But then again I have yet to buy anything from a store and that was due to AC and contacts in the Circles. :thumb:

And I might ask if you have found playmates yet?   That is the most rewarding thing I have found via the Circle.   And that reminds me it is time to throw out my fall invite for a play day.    I am thinking I need to see how many AC folks I can drop in on when we take our 2 month drive through these United States shortly.   I might be in the DFW area :scratch: