Volume Device Plans

KR500

Re: Volume Device Plans
« Reply #40 on: 4 Sep 2015, 10:56 am »
Just wondered how the volume control device worked out for forum members eis and Keith from the first page of this topic?
For myself the VCD with the Sure 2X15 3110 amp board the Amethyst speakers sound very pleasing  esp. mids and top , maybe the fact the bass is just not very present is the major difference in sound ? Dunno

Folsom

« Reply #41 on: 4 Sep 2015, 02:32 pm »
The DACT has much less 2nd harmonic distortion, so it won't add bass like others do.

*Scotty*

« Reply #42 on: 4 Sep 2015, 03:50 pm »
If we are discussing the DACT CT2 it really doesn't add any distortion to speak of. My Superphon REV 4 uses a DACT CT2. The THD+N .002% and is predominantly 2nd harmonic and it will pass a 1 MHz square wave with no degradation. The CT2 doesn't limit the circuit's performance very much. While there are better sounding alternatives they are more difficult to implement.
Scotty

KR500

« Reply #43 on: 15 Sep 2015, 11:06 am »
I just digitized some cassettes using Audacity software, a USB I/O  and a mac .
Since you can't control the volume on this setup like you can using the same gear on a windows PC I hooked up the VCD.
Could not get the volume loud enough with it  for recording though so had to use a Little Dot tube preamp.