Spread Spectrum Technologies Son of Ampzilla Mark II

Rocket

Hi Guys,

I'm an avid fan of the Ampzilla amps having had an SOA and a current Ampzilla 2000.  Just wondering if anyone has heard the new amplifier or preamplifier.

Hope its okay to link their website.  If not happy to delete.

http://www.sst.audio

Cheers Rod

rooze

Re: Spread Spectrum Technologies Son of Ampzilla Mark II
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2015, 02:21 pm »
I haven't heard them, I'd like to.

As a Ampzilla/Ambrosia owner I'm happy to see that the brand is being advanced. I kinda assumed it would be over following the passing of JB.

Rooze

Rocket

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2015, 02:38 pm »
Hi Rooze,

I contemplated purchasing the Phoebe II but instead bought another preamplifier in 2014 for a good deal.  It took a long time to develop these products.  I'm assuming the Son of Ampzilla II will be in the same class as their previous version.  Wyred 4 Sound bought the company from JB before he passed away.

Cheers Rod

ps.  the Ambrosia now cost $12000AUD here in Australia.  The aussie dollar has fallen quite a bit compared with the USD.  No hifi purchases at the moment.

rooze

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2015, 03:43 pm »
Hi Rooze,

I contemplated purchasing the Phoebe II but instead bought another preamplifier in 2014 for a good deal.  It took a long time to develop these products.  I'm assuming the Son of Ampzilla II will be in the same class as their previous version.  Wyred 4 Sound bought the company from JB before he passed away.

Cheers Rod

ps.  the Ambrosia now cost $12000AUD here in Australia.  The aussie dollar has fallen quite a bit compared with the USD.  No hifi purchases at the moment.

Wow. That's a lot of coin for a preamp. Though in all my years in the hobby I've never heard a better preamp. You don't realize what the others add and/or subtract until you hear the Ambrosia coupled with the 'Zillas.

[I wish my system were getting more use, it's criminal to have this gear just sitting around.]

Rocket

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2015, 01:02 am »
Hi Rooze,

No doubt the Ambrosia preamplifier would be an improvement.  I think I'd be better off upgrading my Salk Sound Ht3's to the Soundscape 8's.  Btw I just purchased a Bryston Bdp 1 and it has improvement my system by a small margin again.  On really well recorded cd's my system sounds more analogue than ever before.

Cheers Rod