Where to start?

ajzepp

Re: Where to start?
« Reply #20 on: 6 Sep 2015, 06:03 am »
LMAO, I knew Schitt was crazy, but they seriously named a product the "fulla"??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ajzepp

« Reply #21 on: 10 Sep 2015, 05:34 am »
LOLOL...that is the funniest thing I've heard in a good while...those guys truly are crazy  :lol:

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #22 on: 10 Sep 2015, 12:27 pm »
I'm using the schiit magni 2 and modi 2, both uber, with sennheiser hd600.  Couldn't be happier.

I think this will fit your budget if you drop the uber upgrades and go used for the hd600.

floodo1

« Reply #23 on: 17 Sep 2015, 04:15 pm »
Update:  I purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD 558 from Fry's for just under $100 and also purchased a Schiit Fulla direct from Schiit. 

Nice move. Really good plan to start with a small system (one device) that you can use in almost any location and then build from there. I started with an ODAC which I used at home to complete a lower end rig. Then I upgraded pieces and ended up with a nice home rig and an odac setup that is small and cheap so i dont mind leaving it at work or throwing it in my backpack to take it somewhere.

I really think starting out with smaller cheaper gear that can be a bit mobile is the best way to go. At first you rely on it but then it becomes a second rig that's nice to have (-8

milford3

« Reply #24 on: 17 Sep 2015, 06:26 pm »
What ever it takes to get into the headphone game I'm all for it.  I started with the Senn HD555's and have never looked back since.  Within two years I bought the Beyer T1 and the Audeze LCD2's.  Followed that up with the Grado RS1's.  My preferred amp is the Schiit Lyr or the Valhalla 1.  One can spend much more on headphone amps but Schiit products are in a league of their own.  Enjoy the journey John151 and Floodo1!

floodo1

« Reply #25 on: 17 Sep 2015, 07:21 pm »
What ever it takes to get into the headphone game I'm all for it.  I started with the Senn HD555's and have never looked back since.  Within two years I bought the Beyer T1 and the Audeze LCD2's.  Followed that up with the Grado RS1's.  My preferred amp is the Schiit Lyr or the Valhalla 1.  One can spend much more on headphone amps but Schiit products are in a league of their own.  Enjoy the journey John151 and Floodo1!

Yeah the journey has been good. Now my rig is : Schiit Wyrd -> Audio-gd NFB-1.32 -> Audio-gd Roc -> Hifiman He-400i which I've been thoroughly enjoying (-8

milford3

« Reply #26 on: 18 Sep 2015, 12:19 am »
Yeah the journey has been good. Now my rig is : Schiit Wyrd -> Audio-gd NFB-1.32 -> Audio-gd Roc -> Hifiman He-400i which I've been thoroughly enjoying (-8

I have listened to the HiFiman HE 400's.  An outrageous low price for a planer headphone that walks over many cans that costs twice as much. Enjoy!

ajzepp

« Reply #27 on: 30 Sep 2015, 02:49 am »
I heard the 400s is very similar to the original HE-400 (as opposed to the current 400i model), so if that's true, I can imagine they're fantastic. The 400i has grown on me a bit, and for whatever reason it has fantastic synergy with this little Oppo HA-2 portable dac/amp I bought...but overall I miss the orginal 400