OK...let's see if any of you are interested in this....

Scott F.

I was surfing around Classic 99's home page and followed the link to Webster University's Fine Arts Department. Steve K had mentioned this to me before but I hadn't given the site a look until tonight.

This Monday evening Mike Matheny (guitarist Pat Metheny's brother) is playing in a quartet. Mike plays a nice trumpet. I've got one of his albums and he's pretty good. Admission is FIVE BUCKS. Concert starts at 7:00.

This next one should get alot of interest from our members;

11/18, Monday 7 pm, Webster University Big Band
James Martin & Michael Parkinson, directors
Donald O. Davis Memorial Scholarship Concert
Mo Better Jazz ” – A salute to Count Basie & Bob Brookmeyer - Tickets $10

Heres the link to the Webster University Fine Arts Department;
http://www.webster.edu/depts/finearts/music/calendar.html

Anybody interested in going to any of the concerts listed on the webisite?

Not sure I can make Mike Matheny but I'm definately planning on the tribute to Count Basie. The Classical Guitar Ensemble looks interesting too. Actually, lots of them look interesting.
Interested? Give me a buzz, I'll go.

steve k

« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct 2004, 02:38 pm »
Thanks for the heads up Scott. I can't make Matheny--I have a meeting at my kids high school. I'd like to make the Brookmeyer though. We'll talk about it.

steve k

Scott F.

« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2004, 11:06 pm »
Cool,

The Basie/Brookmeyer concert should be great (assuming the band is tight). Even if not, should be fun seeing a Big Band again.

Be sure to check out the rest of the concerts they have listed. I'd be up for just about any of them (schedule permitting of course).

Any body else interested in going?
Mark, you and the Mrs maybe? You guys play in a big band, might be kinda fun watching for a change.