Steely Dan - The Royal Scam and Aja -> SOLD

kenreau

Steely Dan - The Royal Scam and Aja -> SOLD
« on: 4 Jul 2015, 05:14 pm »
Steely Dan - The Royal Scam. Early non-remastered Steve Hoffman forum favorite. Manufactured in Japan for MCA DIDX-370 MCAD-37044. Disc is excellent. Artwork excellent. Jewell case VG from used bins. Full back artwork/no barcode.

Steely Dan - AJA. Early non-remastered forum favorite. Manufactured by JVC in hub, with MCAD-37214-1 1C. Disc info reads Manufactured in USA for MCA. DIDX-55 MCAD-37214. Disc is excellent. Artwork excellent. Jewell case VG from used bins. Full back artwork/no barcode.

$18 for the two including ppal and usps media mail to lower 48 usa.

« Last Edit: 5 Jul 2015, 07:36 pm by kenreau »

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
I hope someone that hasn't listened to Steely Dan before gets both of these CD's.

They sound terrific.

good luck..

V..
« Last Edit: 5 Jul 2015, 06:30 am by bladesmith »

SoCalWJS

Looked like a custom/previously unknown cover artwork on Aja....took me a minute to figure it out.  :oops:

kenreau

Looked like a custom/previously unknown cover artwork on Aja....took me a minute to figure it out.  :oops:

Hah, sorry, I had a hell of a time trying to stay out of the reflection...

Thanks
Kenreau

Fwiw, if someone wants these CDs and The Rolling Stones I also posted, I'll take $5 off the combo total.  :thumb:

SoCalWJS

Hah, sorry, I had a hell of a time trying to stay out of the reflection...

Thanks
Kenreau

Fwiw, if someone wants these CDs and The Rolling Stones I also posted, I'll take $5 off the combo total.  :thumb:
Tempting offer, but I've already got at least 4 versions of Aja on disc, plus 1 or 2 vinyl. Need to get a different version of Royal Scam though..... at some point - not right now. Too busy and Stereo is out of commission for awhile anyway.

kenreau

Sold to goskers.

Thanks
Kenreau
« Last Edit: 8 Jul 2015, 04:09 pm by kenreau »

Tomy2Tone

Re: Steely Dan - The Royal Scam and Aja -> SOLD
« Reply #6 on: 8 Jul 2015, 04:02 pm »
Steely Dan is a group I vaguely remember from my youth but have recently been listening to their albums via TIDAL. Came across this a couple days ago and was listening to these two cd's you just sold here. Very good!

Are there any other bands that were as conscious about the recording quality as Steely Dan seemed to be? I'm always looking for well recorded music in this particular genre.

Thanks kenreau for posting this here, as I may not have come across it otherwise.

dpatters

« Reply #7 on: 8 Jul 2015, 05:34 pm »
Donald Fagen's solo effort "The Nightfly" is definitely worth adding to your collection.  Very well recorded.

Don P.

kenreau

« Reply #8 on: 8 Jul 2015, 08:39 pm »
Steely Dan is a group I vaguely remember from my youth but have recently been listening to their albums via TIDAL. Came across this a couple days ago and was listening to these two cd's you just sold here. Very good!

Are there any other bands that were as conscious about the recording quality as Steely Dan seemed to be? I'm always looking for well recorded music in this particular genre.

Thanks kenreau for posting this here, as I may not have come across it otherwise.

You are most welcome.  You may get more suggestions posting over at the music circles. A couple more that come to mind are Rickie Lee Jones and Joe Jackson.

Kenreau