FOR SALE: Bel Canto e.One DAC 2.5 DAC w/Digital PreAmp & (Rarer) Black Faceplate

who?me?

I am the original owner of this remarkable DAC, bought locally in San Francisco at a popular dealer's (I have receipts) "brick and mortar" store a little over 2 years ago. It has the Black face plate, which I prefer and are very difficult to find on the used market.

Many folks are not familiar with the Bel Canto products or their signature sound, unfortunately.
Bel Canto started out producing tubed products (which still float around on the used market - products made 20 years ago), but are now focussing on the digital audio revolution. That said, they still "voice" their products to be as similar as possible to the tubed sound of liquid mid frequencies, but with extended top and bottom frequencies that class D offers.

-And Bel Canto engineer and CEO, John Stronczer, has designed a Class D unit that also embodies highly detailed music, balance from top to bottom, high dynamic range, and a general smoothness that ties everything together.

* This is a DAC/processor, which has a built-in digital preamp with volume control, and the volume is adjusted in the digital realm, so there is less distortion from the volume control than in a traditional analog product.
** The unit also has a linear and powerful dedicated headphone amp with separate power supply.
*** Other capabilities include R/L balancing, phase inversion, HTB/Home Theater Bypass .... done on the fly in your listening chair via the remote control
*** Inputs on the back of the unit: 1 USB, 2 SPDIF/RCA, 1 AES/BEU, 1 Toslink
*** Outputs: 1 pair of RCA and 1 pair of XLR. The XLR outs are 4V RMS, so have good power. I used XLRs to run straight into my amplifier, and used the Bel Canto DAC as a PreAmp as well, with great success. This combo has an incredible clean and fast sound.

-Please See other Specs from the Bel Canto website: they are pretty impressive

-I am moving and need to raise funds, so am letting this DACPreAmp go, as well as other equipment listed below
Price = $1000

*I will Pay shipping fees if the buyer buys at my asking price.
I have 100% +++ feedback on Agon as user 1graber2. I have sold/bought items on USAudiomart and Audiocircle, I just haven't kept up with the feedback system, since I have used Agon primarily in the past (but that is changing due to their fees and restructuring the last couple years).

thanks
Gary
...... you can email me direct at garyxgraber@gmail.com, see below

« Last Edit: 9 Aug 2015, 07:29 pm by who?me? »

who?me?

Is this how bumps work?