Spike for VR-5 Anni MKII

john925

Spike for VR-5 Anni MKII
« on: 22 Jun 2015, 06:06 am »
hello,

I would like to add spikes of soundcare to VR-5 Anni MKII.  But I'm not sure what size shall I use? I couldn't find Von Schweikert Speaker on the list, https://www.thlaudio.com/soundcare-threadtbl.htm

Thanks.

John

JackD201

Re: Spike for VR-5 Anni MKII
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2015, 02:58 am »
Hi John,

I'm pretty sure the size is M8.

john925

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2015, 05:21 am »
Hi John,

Hi Jack,

Many thanks for the info.  Still trying to get the best outcome in a biamp setup for the VR-5 Anni MKII.   

John

JackD201

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2015, 05:46 am »
Anytime :)

By the way, having bi-amped Annies and VR-9s for ages I thought I might share a small tip that could help you improve coherence outside of just matching levels.

I found that since mid bass is still directional, positioning of speakers relative to each other as well as differing degrees of toe in can help smoothen the in-room transition between the MT modules' outputs and the bass modules' outputs. Moving the speakers closer together can improve density while focus via toe in can tighten  things up. Somewhere in there is the combination that will help one achieve consistent tonal balance regardless of volume. You'll know you're locked in when the balance remains fairly consistent outside of the sweet spot as well as the stage becomes one of the walk in variety. Hope this helps  :thumb:

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2015, 04:16 pm »
Hi John,

..yep M8

M41A

« Reply #5 on: 20 Feb 2016, 01:30 am »
Does the mid and high module have 8M also?

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #6 on: 20 Feb 2016, 01:47 pm »
..affirmative

M41A

« Reply #7 on: 21 Feb 2016, 04:10 am »
Thanks!!

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #8 on: 21 Feb 2016, 08:14 pm »
Yes they are M8.  Sorry I can't keep up with all the groups lol

htradtk

« Reply #9 on: 22 Feb 2016, 01:05 am »
Hello John,

I too have a pair of VR-5 Anni MKII's. What cables are you using to drive these wonderful speakers? I'm using the signature Masterbuilt biwires. These cables take the speakers to a different level, so much more detail and imaging! Best investment in cables I've ever made! My amp is the McIntosh MC352, 350 wpc, nice amount of power.

Henry

john925

« Reply #10 on: 9 Mar 2016, 04:46 pm »
Hello John,

I too have a pair of VR-5 Anni MKII's. What cables are you using to drive these wonderful speakers? I'm using the signature Masterbuilt biwires. These cables take the speakers to a different level, so much more detail and imaging! Best investment in cables I've ever made! My amp is the McIntosh MC352, 350 wpc, nice amount of power.

Henry

Hello Henry,
I am using cables from makers in Taiwan.  I use NuPrime Reference 20 mono amplifiers to drive bass  and a tube amplifer to drive tweeter and mid.  I am trying to have a new listening room built. Glad to know another VR-5 MKII owner. 

John