Extreme Texas weather

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Extreme Texas weather
« on: 24 May 2015, 07:54 pm »
I thought I'd post this in Danny's circle since he is a Wichata Falls area resident- about as extreme as weather gets in Texas.

Last night central TX had record floods.  A close friend had a house near the Blanco River yesterday- probably 1/4 mile away and 35+ feet above normal high water.  This morning the water marks in his kitchen were 6+ feet high.  The good news is although he was a row of houses back from the river, he now has riverfront property. 

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: Extreme Texas weather
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2015, 07:58 pm »
When I was there in April with you, they had a very low water level in the lake.

Hope he, the family and Gary are all doing ok!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2015, 08:14 pm »
Yeah, all of Texas has been in a long drought until this spring.  Just got off the phone with Gary.  He said that the lake was full and they were afraid of flooding overnight, but the 4-6" of rain predicted didn't materialize.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2015, 08:32 pm »
My family is still in Texas and I worry about them - the alternating droughts and floods is not a good weather pattern.  I've already had family lose a lot of their herd (cattle) because of the crazy weather the past few years.  Hay and water get scarce and expensive and they just can't afford to keep all of them.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2015, 08:43 pm »
I totally understand.

Mike

jcotner

« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2015, 09:20 pm »
I'm about 150 miles or so East of Danny along the Red River and I
can tell you here it's very wet and soggy. It's probably worse between
us in Bowie County.
This is a quote from Channel 11 in Dallas this morning:
"The National Weather Service reported Sunday that Wichita Falls, Texas,
has received nearly 14 inches so far in May, making it the
wettest month on record with days left to go."
And Tyson is right, except that both flood and drought affect the Cattle
situation, because just this month we've come out of a long drought.
I'm lucky I've been able to keep my cattle thus far but we'll see.
Any case I bet Danny is getting tired of rain, I know I am.

apollophono

« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2015, 09:28 pm »
I know I'm getting tired of the rain.  I have to work in it.  I service buses and we have to
go and get them out on the yard.  It seems like it one extreme or the other.   :o

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2015, 09:29 pm »
You all can quit sending your leftovers up here to Tulsa any time now :?

jcotner

« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2015, 10:00 pm »
You all can quit sending your leftovers up here to Tulsa any time now :?

Yeah I understand all that bad gas from Texas floats up into Oklahoma as well.  :lol:
Mike I don't think you were there at the time, but back in 84' when I just got  out of Tulsa U
we had one that makes this look pretty tame. I worked with some people with a factory
back of Mingo Creek and it put them out of business. It could be worse.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2015, 12:46 am »
Has Pat Robertson identified the cause of all this weather yet?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2015, 12:59 am »
Yeah I understand all that bad gas from Texas floats up into Oklahoma as well.  :lol:
Mike I don't think you were there at the time, but back in 84' when I just got  out of Tulsa U
we had one that makes this look pretty tame. I worked with some people with a factory
back of Mingo Creek and it put them out of business. It could be worse.

No, I didn't move out here until 2008 if you don't count the six months I spent at Fort Sill in '79/'80.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2015, 12:16 pm »
Sad but true, extreme droughts and floods are created by chemtrail in us and all his allied countries, just like in Vietnam war in 1967, this is 20 century history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Popeye
Imagine what they have now in 2015!
YT have plenty of videos detailing it.

Nick77

« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2015, 12:17 pm »
Its really bad here in the Austin area around Wimberly and San Marcos with swollen Blanco river. Hundreds of families are without food, water and housing. My wife and i volunteer with ADRN (Austin Diaster Relief Network) a Christian based relief network. They work hand in hand with the Redcross and local relief on the front lines getting grocery gift cards and prescriptions and housing needs meet. They get local churches involved in adapting families to help them walk through the whole crisis long term.

They have opened a fund to raise 1.5 million this weekend to help with immediate needs, this is a great place to give if you want to help.

http://www.adrntx.org/index.php/memorial-wknd-flood-fund/

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #13 on: 25 May 2015, 02:28 pm »
Its really bad here in the Austin area around Wimberly and San Marcos with swollen Blanco river. Hundreds of families are without food, water and housing. My wife and i volunteer with ADRN (Austin Diaster Relief Network) a Christian based relief network. They work hand in hand with the Redcross and local relief on the front lines getting grocery gift cards and prescriptions and housing needs meet. They get local churches involved in adapting families to help them walk through the whole crisis long term.

They have opened a fund to raise 1.5 million this weekend to help with immediate needs, this is a great place to give if you want to help.

http://www.adrntx.org/index.php/memorial-wknd-flood-fund/

Why doesn't some of those Mega Churches" with all of there stores of cash, come rescue the poor, oppressed and impoverished ?
Or are they too busy flying there Private Jets...

Nick77

« Reply #14 on: 25 May 2015, 02:42 pm »
Why doesn't some of those Mega Churches" with all of there stores of cash, come rescue the poor, oppressed and impoverished ?
Or are they too busy flying there Private Jets...

Just giving people an opportunity to help since most are unable to volunteer. Maybe you missed this.....

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2015/05/25/2-dead-100s-homes-gone-as-flash-floods-wreak-havoc-in-texas-oklahoma/

Danny Richie

« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2015, 03:06 pm »
Guys, it's was a tough week last week. My brother and his family and my mom and dad both have houses in the Tanglewood area of Wichita Falls. That was the area of mandatory evacuation. So I had to help get two households loaded up and moved in just hours and with no notice. My brothers flooded street was the one shown on national news.

Luckily, the next big wave of rain that was expected to put them all under water passed by us to the North and spared us from additional water. So my families houses were spared.

Our lake levels went from around 20% to 100% on most of the area lakes. So yes, we went from extreme drought to extreme flooding. Now we have to move them all back in...

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2015, 03:10 pm »
Guys, it's was a tough week last week. My brother and his family and my mom and dad both have houses in the Tanglewood area of Wichita Falls. That was the area of mandatory evacuation. So I had to help get two households loaded up and moved in just hours and with no notice. My brothers flooded street was the one shown on national news.

Luckily, the next big wave of rain that was expected to put them all under water passed by us to the North and spared us from additional water. So my families houses were spared.

Our lake levels went from around 20% to 100% on most of the area lakes. So yes, we went from extreme drought to extreme flooding. Now we have to move them all back in...

Glad to hear the homes were safe. That's a tremendous amount of work for a short time and may seam fruitless when the worst didn't materialize but better safe than sorry.

Hope things get back to normal for you in short order.

Mike

Danny Richie

« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2015, 03:38 pm »
More rain is headed in today as well. Another large storm is just below us headed this way.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=16.0

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 25 May 2015, 09:45 pm »
Sorry guys, I have been out most of the day again today helping with the relief effort. Back to business as usual tomorrow.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #19 on: 25 May 2015, 10:10 pm »
Sad but true, extreme droughts and floods are created by chemtrail in us and all his allied countries, just like in Vietnam war in 1967, this is 20 century history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Popeye
Imagine what they have now in 2015!
YT have plenty of videos detailing it.

You are an idiot.    :cuss:

If YouTube videos are your idea of proof then I feel sorry for you.