Denon POA-1500 back in top shape.....!

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
Denon POA-1500 back in top shape.....!
« on: 23 May 2015, 08:09 pm »
Got the old Denon all tuned up, new terminals and new power cord. :thumb:
The cleanest Denon POA-1500 I have ever seen...

« Last Edit: 23 May 2015, 10:17 pm by bladesmith »

grandwazoo

Re: Denon POA-1500 back in top shape.....!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2015, 10:13 pm »
je it still available

grandwazoo

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2015, 12:01 am »
i am interested.....

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2015, 09:48 am »
Bladesmith,
Are you looking to sell this old beauty?

bladesmith

• palmer knives
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2015, 02:20 pm »
Bladesmith,
Are you looking to sell this old beauty?

Steve,

I was going to, but decided to put a new cord and terminals on it and keep it. 
Now I use it to drive my 15" subs. Works nice and looks great. Generates very little heat, too.

Thanks,
Virgil

bladesmith

• palmer knives
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2015, 02:42 pm »
I've noticed that some of my threads have been blocked (?) Somehow by the server administrator.  So they aren't being seen, I also am not allowed to enter some threads or contact the server administrator for some reason.

V...

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #6 on: 4 Aug 2015, 09:24 am »
This one isn't blocked.
I had some problems uploading pictures with Windows 10, did you do any sort of upgrades to your computer?

bladesmith

• palmer knives
« Reply #7 on: 4 Aug 2015, 10:15 am »
Probably. .. I hate new technology. ...

RDavidson

« Reply #8 on: 4 Aug 2015, 03:06 pm »
The server administrator can't be contacted, at least not by us normal members. I think facilitators can contact admin for you, if you need something.

Your posts may have been blocked if they had to do with posting info in the wrong area. For example : Posting something for sale outside the trading post. I'm no expert on what will throw up red flags with admin, but it happens on occasion.

A couple of weekends ago I setup something for sale in the trading post which got blocked by server admin about an hour after posting, because I guess I didn't provide enough info or make it clear enough what I was selling. I reposted with much more clear info & layout, which didn't get blocked. So whatever I did was acceptable the 2nd time around.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #9 on: 4 Aug 2015, 03:24 pm »
The server administrator can't be contacted, at least not by us normal members. I think facilitators can contact admin for you, if you need something.

Your posts may have been blocked if they had to do with posting info in the wrong area. For example : Posting something for sale outside the trading post. I'm no expert on what will throw up red flags with admin, but it happens on occasion.

A couple of weekends ago I setup something for sale in the trading post which got blocked by server admin about an hour after posting, because I guess I didn't provide enough info or make it clear enough what I was selling. I reposted with much more clear info & layout, which didn't get blocked. So whatever I did was acceptable the 2nd time around.
You would think that the administrator would PM you the reason for blocking your ad. :scratch:

RDavidson

« Reply #10 on: 4 Aug 2015, 05:13 pm »
The reason was VERY vague. It was something like "Ads in the trading post must list the item(s) for sale."

I thought I listed everything clearly, but I think the problem was that I was trying to list a few things as a package deal. A couple of those items (in the deal) were cables that I listed a week or two prior in the appropriate spot (Accessories). So, rather than re-describe those items in this "package deal" ad, I just provided a link to the ad for the cables (to accompany the main item for sale, which was a preamp).

I don't know. I thought it was fine, and I believe I've seen others do this. I re-listed everything in the ad with a better explanation / description and clearly listed the individual items in bold with pricing. Whatever I did the 2nd time around, cleared the problem. The items sold. It's all good.

I was just providing my rare experience with Server Admin, so the OP knows it isn't just him or Windows 10 or something. To the Server Admin's defense, if he / she took the time to explain the "offense" every time someone did something outside the lines, this person would probably never get anything else done. It's best just to roll with it, even if you're not 100% sure what you did wrong or how to fix it.

bladesmith

• palmer knives
« Reply #11 on: 5 Aug 2015, 07:01 pm »
I can't even reply/post in the culinary circle,  I guess this new computer software I got is horrible. .....lol.....!

V
« Last Edit: 5 Aug 2015, 09:46 pm by bladesmith »

RDavidson

« Reply #12 on: 5 Aug 2015, 07:39 pm »
Well....not long ago the Health & Fitness area was closed. I don't know if it has happened yet, but last I heard (per the long running "You Are What You Eat" thread) Server Admin is considering closing all non-audio related areas. That's all I'm going to say about that. :(

bladesmith

• palmer knives
« Reply #13 on: 5 Aug 2015, 09:45 pm »
Oh.

Everyone here seems pretty mellow,  I'm not a big forum guy, if you know what I mean. I dont belong to many, just a couple. So I am not very well versed in how they usually run. But, I've never really seen any big issues here.

V....
« Last Edit: 5 Aug 2015, 11:39 pm by bladesmith »

RDavidson

« Reply #14 on: 6 Aug 2015, 12:18 am »
Yeah. I'm not well versed in forum matters either. AC is the only forum I participate in. Not 100% sure why the Health & Fitness area got closed down, as no explanation was given. No one was doing anything belligerent. Just for talking about it, I feel I'm at risk of getting booted. :|

So rather than derail your thread further, just know your problems with AC aren't likely related to your PC. :thumb:
« Last Edit: 6 Aug 2015, 04:13 am by RDavidson »