Randy

Re: CLASS D
« Reply #20 on: 12 May 2015, 06:40 pm »
YOU brought the subject up.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #21 on: 12 May 2015, 07:07 pm »
Not so, Randy. I deliberately avoided the subject. My posts were all about energy conservation and solar energy production at home. No mention of the hot button climate debate in anything I wrote. Go back and check for yourself.

Rclark

« Reply #22 on: 13 May 2015, 12:46 am »
I hope not.  LASIK fails an awful lot.

I had my eyes done in 07. Its 2015. My eyes are still 20/15 from 20/600. Comment fail wahh waaah waaaaaah.

TAULISA

« Reply #23 on: 13 May 2015, 09:12 am »
I now choose a class D amplifier for my system, and power use was a big part of why I switched to class D.  Now, I would not have chosen this amp if it did not meet my needs sonically, and I actually worked on it quite a bit to get it there (this is a DIY Ncore amp).  My previous amplifier was a Pass Labs X150.5, which needed to be left on to sound its best: this equated to over 200 watts being burned all the time.  My class D amp also needs to be left on to sound its best, but at idle it consumes about 1/10th the power of the Pass.
Conservation is the best long term energy use policy to reduce global warming (but we are going to have to do everything if we are to survive).  I line dry as well, and my clothes last a little longer as an additional benefit.

It's True !
Tested last year for curiosity by comparing my Symphonic Line Kraft mono blocks with Class D: Bel Canto, Wyred4Sound and NuForce and as a matter of fact I ended up wasting approximately the same average.
On the other hand the Symphnic Line Kraft mono blocks were wasting almost close to a normal oven when turned ON as shown on the EU energy label
while all the other Class D brands where way up to close to A++.

Realizing that I'm not the only guy running such tests !