Problem with Bryston USB drivers and windows 8

Starchild

• Free your mind and your behind will follow!
Problem with Bryston USB drivers and windows 8
« on: 9 May 2015, 12:05 am »
I just purchased a Buc-1 digital to digital converter and I'm having problems loading the drivers.  The machine came with v 1.56 drivers and I kept getting error messages during install - I think because it wasn't compatible with windows 8.  I downloaded v. 1.61 from Brytons site but I still get a message that says preinstallation failed please run set up again.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Starchild

• Free your mind and your behind will follow!
Re: Problem with Bryston USB drivers and windows 8
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2015, 02:16 am »
No worries.  I found the solution in a prior post.

James Tanner
Facilitator

The Demo is Everything!
» Gallery
 View Profile  http://www.bryston.com  Email  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: BDA-2 DAC
« Reply #578 on: 27 Jul 2014, 07:36 pm »
Windows 8.1 does require some extra steps to install the BDA2 drivers.  This is because it does not allow unsigned drivers to be installed.  You can circumvent this by following the steps in this tutorial:

http://revryl.com/2013/08/06/install-unsigned-drivers/

Once it's restarted in Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode, you can then run the setup program on the USB key, and you should run it as an administrator and in compatibility mode.  This is done by navigating to the 'setup.exe' program on the key, right-clicking on the file, choosing 'Properties', selecting the 'Compatibility' tab, then checking the box next to 'Run this program in Compatibility mode for:' and selecting 'Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)'. Also, check the box near the bottom of the menu, beside 'Run this program as an administrator'.  Click 'OK', then run the setup program.

As well, Windows 8.1 will require the latest version of the Bryston USB drivers, which can be found here:

ftp://ftp.bryston.com/pub/firmware/bda2/Bryston%20USB%20Drivers%201.61.zip