Audiophile rack for an LCD TV?

Phil A

Re: Audiophile rack for an LCD TV?
« Reply #20 on: 4 May 2015, 07:59 pm »
Can't take credit for being the first to choose Odyssey or even being aware they did racks.  I moved to FL at the end of 2013 and I had spoke to Adona earlier in the year about a rack and designed everything for the screen height I wanted.  I contacted Adona (three times each by phone and and email) around June 2013 (I had the screen hung at the end of May) and ended up speaking to them twice and they were not responsive.  At the 2013 Capital Audiofest (end of July 2013) I saw the Odyssey room and loved it (ended up buying the Candela preamp demo unit for a spare system) and ran into woodsyi at lunch.  I told him about my rack issue and he advised me he was having Odyssey build his rack and that he had Adona racks if I wanted to buy them.  His racks where just too high and not the configuration I needed.  So after lunch I went back up and talked to Klaus and over a few months I designed what I wanted with the veneer and I wanted two sets of speakers stands for side and rear surrounds (you can see the side ones in the previous pic) and there is a pic below of the stands.  It ended up being less than the Adona rack I was going to buy and I was dealing with someone responsive.

Phil A

« Reply #21 on: 4 May 2015, 08:01 pm »
This way the rack that Odyssey had at the 2013 Capital Audiofest

Phil A

« Reply #22 on: 4 May 2015, 08:02 pm »

Phil A

« Reply #23 on: 4 May 2015, 08:03 pm »
Another guy who makes really well made audiophile furniture has also exhibited at the Capital Audiofest - Kanso

http://www.kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #24 on: 4 May 2015, 08:33 pm »
Oh, and trust me, there are tons of imperfections on mine.  I don't have a shop with tools.  No table saw, no drill press.  Did it all on my front deck with hand tools.  Cutting and ripping 3" BB with a circular saw is not easy!   And some of the tables were in bad shape, so I had to use a belt sander to strip them.   I created plenty of boo-boo gouges.    :lol:

But they are where the gear sits, so pretty well hidden.  I'm not super anal, and I'm happy to trade off perfection for a big cost saving.  Overall, I'm quite happy with the outcome -- looks fine to me from any distance except right on top of it.

My eyesight may be going bad, but your shelves looked pretty damn good, even up close. I was a bit surprised when you told me you did that yourself, but that says more about my ineptitude than anything else.

But yeah, those tables, tubes, and glowing lights are enough to divert my attention very easily....like a cat and a laser pointer.