Front Light On Stratos

John151

Front Light On Stratos
« on: 29 Sep 2004, 10:33 pm »
Can the light on the  front panel be turned off or disabled.  Also, what kind of bulb goes in there?  Does it ever need replacing?

Thanks, John

mgalusha

Front Light On Stratos
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2004, 11:58 pm »
John,

There is no switch but it wouldn't be hard to add one. There is a pair of LEDs which will last for a long time. I'm sure they fail eventually but I've never seen one burn out. Some of the eariler Stratos's had incandescant lamps that will eventually burn out. My original stereo amp had them but they have since been replaced with blue LEDs.

mike

John151

Front Light On Stratos
« Reply #2 on: 2 Oct 2004, 03:18 am »
I asked  because I purchased a used Statros on Audiogone and the Odyssey glass does not light up.  I don't really care because before it arrived, I was wondering if I would be able to turn if off since I will be using this in a HT room.  However, I really was looking forward to seeing it illuminated.  

Now I am somewhat paranoid.  This model is supposed to have the Cap upgrades.  How can I verify that the unit has the upgrades?  I am about to pop the top and see what is up with the lights.  Might as well take a peak at the caps.

mgalusha

Front Light On Stratos
« Reply #3 on: 2 Oct 2004, 03:37 am »
The additional caps are mounted to the bottom plate of the chassis on either side of the power transformer. There will be two large electrolytic capacitors on either side with some wire connecting them to the main circuit board.

If they are there, it has the cap upgrade.

mike

John151

Front Light On Stratos
« Reply #4 on: 4 Oct 2004, 12:57 am »
I just popped the top.  I have the cap upgrades, and two burned out incandescent bulbs.  These bulbs are odd looking,  square on top.  I will contact Odsyssey to get some replacements, or an LED upgrade.  However, these will only be in case I ever trade the amp as I don't really want the lights to be on in my HT room.