Oct 23rd Listening session

Mad DOg

« on: 29 Sep 2004, 04:30 pm »
Ok, guys, looks like this next listening session is gonna happen in October since there's 1 day left in Sept!   :mrgreen:

So how does Sat. Oct 23rd work for y'alls? Based on initial responses, it looks like there will be around 5 people + me so this one will be very manageable. If this date doesn't work, we can try another day.

We can try out some biamping w/ tubes driving the mids and tweets and solid state driving the woofs...We can do some IC comparisons...We can compare my digital rig to the Onix CD-1...Listen to the effects of bi-wiring on the VSA VR-4jrs

And, Shokunin has already offered to bring over his turntable so we can spin some vinyl, too.  8)

If John Casler is able and willing to make it, I might be able to twist his arm into bringing the Son of Ampzilla over again so we can spend more time edumacating his new "son". :lol:

There will be more time to listen to music and more time for everyone in the schweet spot as well!

Jon L

« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2004, 05:53 pm »
Looks like you guys will have to do this one without me.  I'll be out of the country until 10/24 and working all weekends until 11/6-7.  

I'll definitely join you guys for the next one  :thumb:

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2004, 11:38 pm »
What time of day do you have in mind?  I can be there in the evening, not during the day.

Mad DOg

« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2004, 11:51 pm »
Quote from: Russtafarian
What time of day do you have in mind?  I can be there in the evening, not during the day.
something like 12pm-6pm

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2004, 01:42 am »
Quote from: Mad DOg
Quote from: Russtafarian
something like 12pm-6pm

I'll bring the Birthday Cake :birthday:

Mad DOg

« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2004, 08:43 pm »
Ok...Oct. 23rd is the date...

i'm gonna have a couple of DACs to compare w/ my PTech setup...we can also throw the Onix CD-1 into the mix as well. :thumb:

we can still try biamping w/ the tube integrated and the solid state monos.

john has agreed to bring back the Son of Ampzilla for another appearance so  we can spend more time listening.

so far, i believe Shokunin, Cryotweaks, Hugh and John Casler are in...if anyone else is interested in coming, lemme know.
 8)

jswallac

« Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2004, 09:06 pm »
Is this one also being held in Temecula?

Mad DOg

« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2004, 09:14 pm »
Quote from: jswallac
Is this one also being held in Temecula?

yes

Mad DOg

the 2 DACs...
« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2004, 11:36 pm »
the 2 DACs that will be in attendance...

the Benchmark DAC-1 and the AudioMagic Stealth Kukama  8)

Mad DOg

To the folks coming...
« Reply #9 on: 18 Oct 2004, 08:20 pm »
Shokunin, John, Cryotweaks, and Hugh...We'll be starting officially at 12 noon...Since it's gonna be a small group, unofficially, if you wanna show up as early as 10:30AM, that'd be fine, too...

We can listen/compare 3 DACS; the P-Tech, the Benchmark, and the Audio Magic.

We can listen to/compare 3 amps; Aragon Palladium IIs, Son Of Ampzilla, and a late addition: surprise amp

We can mess around with bi-amping w/ tubes and s.s. amps.

I've also got the MoFi OML-1 monitors if we have time.

Shokunin, can you bring some XLR cables again? I'll leave it up to you whether you want to bring your TT. If it's too much of a pain, don't bother...

John is planning to bring his AudioQuest Volcano biwire SC as well. 8)