a beautiful voice from a small package

brooklyn

a beautiful voice from a small package
« on: 22 Mar 2015, 04:34 am »
Don't know if anyone has listened to this young lady sing but I was truly amazed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66-A2MyVDbU

TrungT

Re: a beautiful voice from a small package
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2015, 05:17 am »
Thank you.  :angel:
Really need that tonight.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2015, 05:28 am »
Nine years old.....imagine what she will be like in another 10 or 15?

:thumb:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2015, 05:31 am »
Wow. 

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2015, 03:21 pm »
 :thumb:

stlrman

« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2015, 04:58 pm »
Thank you for this link. I needed a good cry. Really I was moved to tears. Wow !! And no lessons before her Holland has talent performance.
Thank you !! :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2015, 05:18 pm »
Great

Guy 13

« Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2015, 10:33 pm »
Hi brooklyn,
thanks for the link.
Listening to the little girl singing,
I had goose bumps all over my body.
I think she's on the way to a great signing career.

Guy 13

ACHiPo

« Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2015, 11:53 pm »
Great!

borism

« Reply #9 on: 23 Mar 2015, 12:10 am »
Beautiful!

brooklyn

« Reply #10 on: 23 Mar 2015, 04:06 am »
I was totally flabbergasted while watching that young girl sing. Your right Guy.. Goosebumps..

I’m glad everyone enjoyed it.

geowak

« Reply #11 on: 23 Mar 2015, 04:39 am »
She is very, very talented. I never ceases to amaze me the beautiful sound that can come out of someone's body. Eva Cassidy comes to mind.  :o

SlushPuppy

« Reply #12 on: 23 Mar 2015, 12:48 pm »
That totally blew me away! I wasn't expecting that.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #13 on: 23 Mar 2015, 03:54 pm »
 :o

srb

« Reply #14 on: 23 Mar 2015, 04:41 pm »
I had previously listened to Amira Willighagen as well as Patrícia Janečková.  These young singers are phenomenal and each year brings (or will bring) more depth and body to their voices.

For me, it started with Jackie Evancho, and I have to agree with other comments I have read that Jackie's purity and pitch are unparalleled.  Amira sings with more vibrato, but constant vibrato (which for some reason seems to be well received in the operatic world) is actually what has kept me at some distance from the genre, and like many things that have interest through contrast, the contrast between a pure non-modulated voice carefully transitioning in and out of vibrato is the most pleasing and interesting to my ears.

Here is an interesting video that composites Jackie Evancho singing O Mio Babino Caro through the years from age 8 at home to age 10 at her America's Got Talent debut to age 14.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE_EWoI1Fx4

Steve
« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2015, 05:49 pm by srb »

brooklyn

« Reply #15 on: 23 Mar 2015, 06:23 pm »
Yes, I've listened to Jackie Evancho sing before and she is also truly amazing..
O Mio Babino Caro happens to be one of my favorites, thanks for the link..

alfajim

« Reply #16 on: 24 Mar 2015, 07:39 am »
I had previously listened to Amira Willighagen as well as Patrícia Janečková.  These young singers are phenomenal and each year brings (or will bring) more depth and body to their voices.

For me, it started with Jackie Evancho, and I have to agree with other comments I have read that Jackie's purity and pitch are unparalleled.  Amira sings with more vibrato, but constant vibrato (which for some reason seems to be well received in the operatic world) is actually what has kept me at some distance from the genre, and like many things that have interest through contrast, the contrast between a pure non-modulated voice carefully transitioning in and out of vibrato is the most pleasing and interesting to my ears.

Here is an interesting video that composites Jackie Evancho singing O Mio Babino Caro through the years from age 8 at home to age 10 at her America's Got Talent debut to age 14.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE_EWoI1Fx4

Steve

OH yes been waiting for someone to bring up and make comment about Jackie Evancho thanks to you all. Do any of you have her newest CD Awakenings? It is truly amazing they let her loose on the tracks and let her got to her extreme high range, my speakers aren't good enough on the set I have been listening to it on but even then hurts my ears a little. Was re watching her 2011 PBS concert at the Ringling Museum and she still brings tears to my eyes to watch and listen to that incredible voice, the clarity, the range and the always perfect pitch she never misses even now on the new CD. Have seen her twice live in concert and she is better live than on CD's. IMO and others there may never be another voice like hers.