2b lp clipping lights

Borbafett

2b lp clipping lights
« on: 16 Mar 2015, 05:34 pm »
Hi

I just recently acquired an old Bryston 2b lp (non pro),and am very happy with the build quality and sound of this little tank.The only thing aside from some scratches on the top of the chassis is  i also noticed that my left status light isn't as bright as the right one. so i was wondering first is what kind of paint does Bryston use on these amplifiers so that i can touch up the scratches  and if it's possible to replace that dimmer status  light without sending it to Bryston.

Thanks

Chicago

Re: 2b lp clipping lights
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2015, 04:37 am »
If the dimmer light is just cosmetic and it doesn't affect performance then the short answer is it probably needs to go back to Bryston and they will replace the offending part.  I had this problem with a 4Bsst and Bryston fixed it but I can't remember the part they replaced.  I know my dealer which has a very good service department couldn't figure it out.

My recollection is it will never affect the performance of the amp, but it drove me nuts so I got it fixed.  Fortunately my amp was under warranty.

Not sure on the paint.

Good listening,
Mike

Borbafett

« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2015, 05:18 am »
Thanks for the reply Chicago,i believe your correct the light will have no effect on the sound,i just want this amp to look as good as it sounds.

servingko

« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2015, 10:05 am »
The later amps have a pot for each LED to adjust and balance the brightness but. I don't know about the 2B.  Maybe someone can chime in.

Borbafett

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2015, 03:30 am »
Contacted Bryston and i will have to send my amp  to them for a new indicator light,will also get a new top put on it since  it will be there anyways.

Thanks for the help.