Bryston speakers | Is the warranty transferable ?

AJAudio

• The sweet sound of music...
Bryston speakers | Is the warranty transferable ?
« on: 12 Mar 2015, 01:30 am »
Hi,

Just a quick confirmation question...

Is the warranty on the Brystons Speakers, 20 years, transferable if bought in the used market ?

Thanks!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston speakers | Is the warranty transferable ?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2015, 02:33 am »
Hi,

Just a quick confirmation question...

Is the warranty on the Brystons Speakers, 20 years, transferable if bought in the used market ?

Thanks!

Hi

We have not set a policy on that yet.  What model are you considering?

james

AJAudio

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2015, 10:36 am »
Hi James,

At present time, my target are the "Mini T".

Thanks!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2015, 12:51 pm »
Hi James,

At present time, my target are the "Mini T".

Thanks!

Hi

I am thinking of extending the warranty on the crossovers and drivers but not on the cabinets as they are easily abused.

james

AJAudio

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2015, 01:09 pm »
I guess that this would make it the same as for any other analog or digital hardware that you sell...

Meaning that if a 4bSST2 is "cosmetically" damage, you don't replace the case because this can only happen due to mishandling of the equipment.  But if the problem is related to the quality of the outputed sound, and not due to abuse, then you replace/repair the faulty component.

If the same warranty, 20 years, is applied to the speaker realm, and transferable, wow!

srb

« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2015, 03:00 pm »
As the Bryston website Warranty page says

(a)  Bryston analog audio and speaker products are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for twenty (20) years from the original date of manufacture. The warranty includes parts and labour.

(b)  The warranty is transferable from the original owner to a subsequent owner as long as a copy of the bill-of-sale from the original authorized Bryston dealer accompanies the re-sale. The copy of the bill of sale to any subsequent owner need ONLY include the Name of the Bryston Authorized Dealer and the Model and Serial number of the Bryston product. The warranty will only be honoured in the country of the original purchase unless otherwise pre-authorized by Bryston.

There is nothing that would lead one to believe that the speakers do not carry the same 20 year warranty as other Bryston non-digital products.

Of course no warranty covers physical damage.  Speaker cabinet defects like separating seams or veneer bubbling or lifting is obviously a grey area as it would be hard to determine that it was not caused by environmental storage conditions.

Steve

AJAudio

« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2015, 05:32 pm »
Hi Steve,

I'm aware of the warranty page on the Bryston website, but what threw me off is the following brochure;

On which it is mentionned that the warranty for the speakers is 20 years but is not transferable...

I just wanted to check with James if this is still the case, or if this brochure is outdated and that Bryston decided to revised this decision.

I'm actually looking into getting myself a pair of Bryston speakers, but even used, they are quite expensive.  But if they are covered by the aforementionned warranty, then I guess sellers are able to maintain high asking price...

If only I could get my hand on some b-stock models...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2015, 05:35 pm »
Hi

Yes the original speaker warranty was for first owner but I am starting to rethink that as we have had ZERO issues so far.

james

gene9p

« Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2015, 09:00 pm »
Hi Steve,

I'm aware of the warranty page on the Bryston website, but what threw me off is the following brochure;

On which it is mentionned that the warranty for the speakers is 20 years but is not transferable...

I just wanted to check with James if this is still the case, or if this brochure is outdated and that Bryston decided to revised this decision.

I'm actually looking into getting myself a pair of Bryston speakers, but even used, they are quite expensive.  But if they are covered by the aforementionned warranty, then I guess sellers are able to maintain high asking price...

If only I could get my hand on some b-stock models...

see my listing for a pair of Mini A's....you can see my postings about the speakers on the Bryston Speakers thread.....