Austin08

Jriver ld
« on: 10 Mar 2015, 01:30 am »
Hello Gents,

My friend ask me about this Jriver  what do you guy think? Thanks

pdjmwj

Re: Jriver ld
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2015, 06:48 pm »
I also am looking into this and hope for info.

vonnie123

Re: Jriver ld
« Reply #2 on: 3 Apr 2015, 06:13 am »
i just purchased one and am up and running.  I purchased the 2TB spinning drive model.  it can be used as a renderer or as a server type player.  in my case, I am using the JRemote iPad app to control the Id device.  you use a JRiver access code to link the device.

if you are familiar with JRiver, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting set up.   the renderer function is integrated right into the JRiver program for both Windows PC and MAC (I have the master license).  To use as a server, I synced the Id to The JRiver program as a handheld device, and loaded the 8500 or so flac files overnight from the PC to the Id via ethernet cable.  I have both 44K1 flac files and hires flac files on the Id.

the unit outputs via HDMI to an AVR or via USB (to my DAC).   You need to a monitor (TV or Computer) and USB keyboard to set up, but after that, only for updates.  it sounds excellent.  For reference comparision I also have a Bryston BDP-1 and Sonos Connect ZP90 playing flac files in the same Media Room.